Would you love the chance to advocate for change in financing for humanitarian action? Do you have a desire for earlier and faster funding and the drive to advocate for that to happen? Do you enjoy co-creation, facilitation and partnership working?
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead on our external policy and advocacy work related to humanitarian funding, specifically crisis anticipation and risk financing. You’ll work closely with the team, members and Hubs. You’ll develop impactful messaging, written articles and innovative policy working with other team members to build content that draws on the experience and learning of the Start Network risk financing and anticipation programming. You will also represent the Start Network in formal and informal settings and lead on collaborative projects.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in developing policy and advocacy plans and engaging in working groups
- With excellent communication and influencing skills
- Able to listen to diverse views and cocreate initiatives that incorporate these views
- A brilliant relationship builder and able to work with diverse stakeholders to co-create initiatives
- Able to mobilise people internationally and create space for others to have a voice
Our offer to you:
- Flexible working with options to work from home (approx. 2 days per week)
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- Family friendly policies, particularly maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ holiday plus 2 company days over the Christmas period
- Centrally located WeWork office with onsite drinks and snacks available free of charge
- Access to cultural talks, events, pop-up sales, and a place to socialise after work
- Discounts at local cafes and restaurants in association with WeWork
Closing date: Wednesday 25 March midnight (UK time)
First interviews with presentation: w/c 30 March
Final interview: w/c 6 April
Please visit our website or download the attached job description which includes details of how to apply. If you have any questions about the role, please do contact us. We're a small team, so will only be able to contact candidates shortlisted for interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.