We are seeking an experienced fundraiser to obtain funding that will allow us to focus on our core strategic objectives in the medium and long-term. We would like to hear from motivated, organised and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for civil liberties and human rights.
If you believe you are the right match for this role, please send us a statement of no more than 1,000 words setting out how you would approach the role and tasks as set out below and describing your relevant experience. Please also attach a copy of your CV.
You are welcome to work from our office in central London, but remote working is also possible.
Contract: Part- or full-time for three to six months, subsequently part-time (days/hours negotiable) with extension dependent on funding and subject to review. Three-month probationary period. Depending on the candidate, this can also be carried out as a consultancy role.
Salary: Up to £30,000 FTE, negotiable depending on experience and skills.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 7 December, 09:00 GMT. Interviews to take place in the week starting 13 December.
The successful applicant will:
- Identify funding opportunities through databases, search engines and contacts
- Make contact with potential funders in order to better understand their priorities and interests, and to initiate discussions on funding opportunities
- Prepare letters of interest, funding proposals and applications
- Identify ways in which the organisation could increase its income through other means (e.g. individual donors, income-generating activities)
- Lead the development of our funding strategy
- Assist with the development of our communications strategy
- Identify and implement a system for managing our relationships with existing individual donors
- Track record of successful fundraising in the non-profit sector, in particular in relation to civil liberties and human rights (and concretely with regards to surveillance, policing and migration)
- Wide knowledge of the non-profit fundraising environment
- An interest in our work and a commitment to our vision and mission
- A solid understanding of the social and political environment in which Statewatch operates and the threats and opportunities posed by it
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.