The Partnerships Development Officer will work as part of STEM Learning’s highly effective fundraising team, contributing towards our ambitious targets by securing additional support from our existing network of funders and increasing the number of new corporate supporters for the ENTHUSE Charitable Trust. STEM education has economic, social, cultural and ethical value, with positive impacts on social mobility, diversity and inclusion, and this role will enable us to reach more young people than ever before.
You will be responsible for leading the stewardship of our rapidly growing group of funders:
- Streamlining management and communications with existing partners
- Developing creative ways we can engage with existing funders
- Corresponding effectively with funders using creative and engaging methods of communication
- Creating “wow” moments to build personal connection between funders and our mission
- Finding stories that will engage new partners and illustrate our mission to our existing supporters
- Ensuring reporting requirements and funding criteria for all grants are met
- Leveraging our impact evidence and working closely with our evaluation team
You will also have lead responsibility for:
- Launching and managing an individual giving / small gifts programme
- Developing and implementing a strategy for legacy donors
In addition to working with existing partners, the Partnerships Development Officer will:
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for proactively building networks, making contacts, generating leads, and securing new funding partners
- Grow strong sustainable relationships with existing as well as potential funding partners, demonstrating excellence in stewardship
- Work with the team to build, manage and maintain a pipeline of prospects and ensuring timely progression through each stage from identification to stewardship
- Be an outstanding advocate for STEM Learning and the ENTHUSE Charity in line with the core values of the organisation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- We’re looking for a natural relationship builder, someone who is passionate about fundraising with the ability to spot opportunities to grow partnerships
- Experience of working in fundraising, contributing to the generation of significant income and securing high value partnerships
- Strong organisational skills, enthusiasm and tenacity
- Track record in building and sustaining excellent relationships with supporters and funders
- An excellent collaborator, who enjoys working with colleagues to create propositions around the charity’s strategic priorities
- The knowledge and expertise to work with the team to build a robust pipeline of prospective partners for the organisation
- Ability to independently develop and deliver high quality pitches and written proposals
- Take a proactive role in feeding into the partnership development strategy, generating ideas, and bringing external insight
- A confident networker, able to represent the charity to external stakeholders, build relationships and reputation and communicate effectively
- Specialist knowledge of trends and developments in the sector, through completing relevant training, reviewing relevant press and publications and keeping up to date with industry news
- 30 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to a fantastic pension scheme, where employer contributions are currently 21.4%
- Access to a salary sacrifice and staff benefits scheme including cycle to work scheme; health cash back plans; free eye tests; discounted vouchers
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Your up-to-date CV, including your full postal address, email and contact telephone number.
- A covering letter (no more than the equivalent of 2 sides of A4) explaining your interest in the role and where you saw it advertised.
- Contact details of two referees, including your current/most recent employer (please note, references will not be approached without your permission).
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2022
- Interviews likely to take place week commencing 24 January 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.