Community Fundraiser – 12 Month Contract
We are Step by Step (SbS), a charity dedicated to supporting local young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. Founded in 1987, we provide accommodation, personal development opportunities and specialist support services to help young people identify and fulfil their aspirations.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Community Fundraiser to join our busy Fundraising Team for a 12 month contract.
- Salary of circa £25,000
- Work alongside a highly-skilled, passionate team who are focused on making a difference
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working pattern
This is an excellent opportunity for someone experienced in the fundraising sector to build on their career and become a vital part of what we do.
Here at Step by Step, we know that our success is down to the hard work and dedication of our employees and volunteers. Your efforts will never go unnoticed, and you’ll be supported and encouraged to reach your full potential with a focus on ongoing development.
So, if you’re ready to take on a rewarding new challenge with our outstanding charity, this is the role for you.
As a Community Fundraiser, you will be responsible for raising income from community groups and the marketing and promotion of community based campaigns to support our work.
Reporting to the Senior Fundraising Manager, you will design inspiring calls to action for new and existing community groups and maintain and encourage new and existing supporters to secure future income.
Your role will also involve:
- Leading the development of securing new community supporters
- Managing and monitoring community fundraising income
- Representing the charity to a range of potential and current supporters
- Building effective relationships with supporters
Interested? To join us as a Community Fundraiser, you will need:
- Previous experience in a fundraising office, either through paid or voluntary work
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- A willingness to travel
- To be highly organised with the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- A positive attitude with the ability the solve problems quickly and efficiently
Although not essential, previous experience in a community fundraising role would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Fundraiser, Fundraising Associate, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Co-ordinator or Community Fundraising Co-ordinator.
This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week, with evening and weekend work required.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we find the right candidate.
Webrecruit and Step by Step are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting role as a Community Fundraiser, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.