Community Fundraising Officer
Aldershot, Hampshire (with travel to visit community groups)
Are you a fundraising professional with great relationship-building skills? Perhaps you’re an account management or business development professional looking to give back and move into the charity sector?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced and varied team and make a positive impact to your community.
We are Step by Step (SbS), a charity dedicated to supporting local young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. Founded in 1987, we provide accommodation, personal development opportunities and specialist support services to help young people identify and fulfil their aspirations.
We’re now looking for a Community Fundraising Officer to join our lively Fundraising Team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of circa £27,000 per annum DOE
- Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ leave plus Bank Holidays (rising with service)
- Flexible working patterns
- The option to work from home
- Free parking
- Work laptop and mobile phone
This is an incredible opportunity to take on a meaningful, rewarding role where your actions will make a difference to local people.
The funds you raise by inspiring members of the community will directly support our vital work, providing young people with the support and resources they need to overcome challenges and build brighter futures.
You will have the chance to work alongside an honest, open team who are passionate about changing lives and strive for excellence in all they do.
As a Community Fundraising Officer, you will be responsible for raising income from community groups.
You will build new relationships and encourage support from community groups such as schools, churches and golf clubs to raise funds, as well as maintaining existing support to secure future income.
Reporting to the Senior Fundraising Manager, you will also:
- Manage, monitor and increase donations through community fundraising
- Lead the development of securing new supporters from new areas/groups
- Support community events and activities
- Represent the charity with a range of potential and current supporters
- Promote the charity through a variety of mediums including presentations and meetings
To join us as a Community Fundraising Officer, you will need:
- Experience in fundraising with a successful track record of raising funds and/or a background of account management or business development
- An understanding of the charity sector
- A full, valid driving licence with access to your own vehicle and the willingness to travel
- Proficiency in MS office suite
- To be highly organised and an ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including face to face, on the telephone and in writing
Ideally, you will have experience of using a database system, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Charity Fundraiser, Fundraising Associate, Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Officer, Fundraising Executive, Community Fundraising Co-ordinator, Fundraising Co-ordinator, or Community Fundraising Assistant.
We’re also eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Business Development Executive, BDE, Account Executive, Account Manager, or Sales Executive.
The closing date for applications is 14th June 2020. We reserve the right to change the closing date should a suitable candidate is found. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
Please note, some aspects of our recruitment process may be altered due to the current COVID-19 situation. We are following advice and guidelines and will hold interviews remotely if required.
Webrecruit and Step by Step are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make a real change to your local community as a Community Fundraising Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 40 hours per week (with some evening and weekend work)