The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is dedicated to improving the lives of young people and communities from disadvantaged and under-represented backgrounds.
Through our portfolio of high-impact programmes and partnerships we:
- Work with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds aged 13 to 30 to inspire and enable them to succeed in the career of their choice.
- Empower individuals and communities to create better places for people to live and work.
- Support people to create a fairer, inclusive society in which everyone can flourish.
We have undergone an exciting journey to move from being London-focused charity to having national reach by developing a fundraising portfolio that includes Individual Giving, Events & Community Fundraising, Corporate Partnerships and Trusts & Foundations.
We are looking for a creative, energetic person to lead on the development and implementation of fundraising initiatives, maximising income, reach and creating a diverse funding base.
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is transforming to adapt to new ways of delivering, operating and raising funds. We are looking for someone who is inspired by change, driven by excellence and is looking to work in a team of supportive and passionate people.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Fundraising Manager to join the team and help us along our journey to achieving further growth.
The ongoing development and implementation of organisational funding strategy with a focus on strategically important donors across a diverse range of funding streams
- Working closely with the Chief Executive, Head of Operations and wider SLCT team to identify opportunities, develop proposals, and build relationships with prospective funders and partners
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline of funder prospects and prospective collaborative partners
- Overseeing the ongoing development of our CRM database (Donorfy) and business development processes to deliver efficient and timely business development support to the organization
- Lead and manage the growth and development of the Trust’s corporate and individual income by maintaining existing and developing new relationships with companies and individuals working closely the Senior Partnership Relationships Manager
- Pro-actively responding to opportunities for support, ensuring you have a holistic view about how to best maximise each relationship and activity
- Ensure existing and new relationships are stewarded effectively to secure long-term support for the Trust
- To manage the relationship with the Trust’s Ambassadors, providing outstanding supporter care and maximise fundraising opportunities
- To lead on the on-going development of the Friendship scheme, ensuring all necessary materials are developed and undertaking marketing activity to recruit new members and maintain existing members
- To further develop the fundraising strategy, ensuring income from existing partners is maximised and building a pipeline of new partners working closely the SLCT team.
- To identify opportunities for income-generating activity by pitching for new external high third-party fundraising and partnership opportunities
Key skills / experience / abilities
- Minimum 3 years fundraising experience, ideally across a variety of income streams including corporate, community, individual giving or event fundraising
- Proven track record of building relationships with high value supporters and an understanding of stewardship best practice
- Experience in creating and reviewing budgets and tracking and reporting on income
- Knowledge of the wider fundraising sector
- A self-starter who is happy to work independently and prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to see the bigger picture without losing sight of details
- A positive attitude and willingness to get stuck into tasks at a variety of different levels
- Understanding of and empathy for the work of the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust
- Knowledge/experience of digital fundraising campaigns
- Experience of national fundraising strategies
- To work with the CEO and Head of Operations and wider SLCT team to develop annual fundraising plans and targets
- To lead and manage all fundraising activities of the organisation (some high profile relationships)
- To maintain and develop relationships with key funders and donors through face-to-face contact, telephone and written communication
- To develop engaging and high-quality materials and effective processes to help with thanking and stewarding supporters working with our communications team
- To support the maintenance of the Trust’s website, ensuring it contains high quality content that accurately reflects opportunities for supporting the charity
- Identifying opportunities to generate income and ensuring it’s messaging is amplified as widely as possible
- To identify and research new sources of funding within the corporate sector
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and new donors in order to maximise fundraising potential and supporter retention.
- To work with the Head of Operations to help shape the proposition for partners ensuring our programmes deliver maximum return for the Trust
- To manage a calendar of events and scheduled fundraising activities throughout the year that helps to generate a steadily growing unrestricted income stream
- To ensure that a response is made in a timely and appropriate manner to all donor enquiries with clear understanding of how to maximise their support
- To liaise with the Chief Executive, Head of Operations and wider SLCT team to explore new funding opportunities in order to maximise voluntary income.
- To research, prepare and submit funding proposals, e.g charity of the year, probono support including agreed outcomes and budgets, in consultation with service delivery staff, finance and other staff, where appropriate.
- To manage all advertising and marketing associated with fundraising, including digital communications (together with communications colleagues)
- To manage direct reports and matrix manage others to deliver on all fundraising objectives
- Experience of managing a team
- To manage the fundraising budget, including planning, phasing and forecasting in line with the organisation’s financial procedures
- To oversee weekly financial report pulling and coding of income
- To work with Head of Finance to develop and refine appropriate financial processes in order to effectively track income
- To prepare regular internal updates on performance against income generation targets
- To report to donors on the impact of our work and the important role they are playing in supporting this
- To lead on maintaining the SLCT database (Donorfy), ensuring it’s used appropriately
- To ensure that accurate records of all supporter activity are tracked effectively
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of all funding opportunities, appeals, approaches, donor contacts and coverage.
- To attend supervisions, team meetings and other meetings, as and when required.
- To attend internal and external training courses, as agreed with your line manager.
- To represent the organization at internal and external events including networking events, fundraising events and launch activities, as and when required, occasionally on evenings and weekends.
- To adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice, Charity Law, Health & Safety Law, GDPR and other relevant legislative requirements.
- To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required.
The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust is keen to encourage applications from individuals from a diverse range of applicants. We are particularly proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The post will be subject to a DBS check.
Please complete a 1-page covering letter statement attached to your CV demonstrating your capabilities in relation to each of the essential and personal qualities listed above, addressing each point in the order shown.
Where relevant use your answers to illustrate how your competences have helped you achieve positive results. This will give you the best possible chance of being short listed.
Please note, we will interview suitable candidates before the closing date.