An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of our growing Finance team, to help increase our capacity and capability to service and grow our high net-worth clients, alongside our award-winning Philanthropy Services team. We’re also looking for someone to help shape our own balance sheet for growth, and to achieve our financial goals and social mission simultaneously.
This is an exciting time to join Stewardship as our growth ambition, is to increase the flow of funds to churches and Christian charities to beyond £250 million a year by 2025, and to extend the joy of generosity to new generations.
As Investment Manager, your role will be critical, in achieving this mission – using your investment expertise to shape and develop our client investment offerings and broaden our capabilities to increasingly manage ethical, positive impact and social investment choices.
This will be a role that will help you grow as a finance professional, a Christian and a leader, and if you’d love to use your skills to help increase the flows of generosity to the Church and Christian causes, get in touch.
Main responsibilities include:
- Investment monitoring: Oversight of investments and monitoring – review return, risk, benchmark, fees, ethical performance and challenge where needed. Prepare reports for Philanthropy Services clients as necessary.
- Investment manager relationship: Manage the investment manager relationships and liaise regarding reports, queries, exploring new investments etc.
- Product development: Work to expand the suite of social and financial investment products available to our clients, conducting financial due diligence to identify potential opportunities.
- Client interaction: The ability to build a credible, donor-facing rapport, in order for existing and new clients to explain their preferences, risk appetite and needs. The ability to investigate new options, help prepare client information and prepare proposals for Trustee approval, where appropriate.
- Process Management: Overseeing all steps of the process from client decision to execution, acting as a key point of contact between Philanthropy and Finance teams.
- Asset Allocation: Work, together with the CFO, on the optimal asset allocation of Stewardship’s balance sheet, balancing our liquidity needs, our desire to invest in Kingdom causes and the investment needs of our DAF (donor advised funds) account holders.
- Responsible Stewardship: Promotion of our responsible investing ethos in networks beyond Stewardship (joining with other responsible investor groups) and holding asset managers to account.
- Finance & Investment Committee: Assist with the preparation of papers and other documentation relating to the Committee and attend quarterly meetings
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.