Because social engagement has become more restricted in recent times, support around this is more important than ever before. We are looking to recruit someone who can take new approaches to help reduce isolation and loneliness in the local community.
The role will involve working to deliver outcomes of inclusion and social engagement for young and older adults (16+) experiencing social isolation and/or loneliness. To facilitate appropriate access to creative, recreational, and social activities that promote positive mental and physical wellbeing in a socially inclusive manner. To actively engage with people who are isolated and/or lonely to enable them to become more socially engaged.
There is an immediate start date for this role and it is a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension dependent on funding.
• Identify and engage with people who are lonely and/or socially isolated
• Maintain up to date information of the range of services and activities that are available to people, who may be experiencing/at risk of experiencing poor mental and/or physical health problems
• Befriend, support engagement with others, promote and enable progression into mainstream activities
• Regularly monitor and evaluate the service to ensure it is person centred and is supporting the individual to have their wishes achieved and their needs met. Develop and maintain links with partner organisations and colleagues in Stockport Mind to ensure service users are linked into opportunities across the network
• Ensure that opportunities are promoted to “hard to reach” groups and BME communities across Stockport
• Support the development of diverse activities within mainstream and mental health services
• Assist with the development of well-being initiatives for the local community
• Ensure all mandatory training required by Stockport Mind is completed within the induction period
The deadline to request an application pack is 5pm on Thursday 1st October 2020.
The deadline to submit your application is 11.59pm on Sunday 4th October 2020.