Salary: £23, 568 per annum
Working Pattern: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekends
Basis: Fixed term contract for 12 months
Location: Southampton / home based
We are looking for a Specialist Domestic Abuse Coach to join our brand new, innovative service to support women with complex needs and their children who are experiencing domestic abuse This is an exciting new service developed in partnership with Southampton City Council and the Society of Saint James. The service is being set up to support the most entrenched women who have a history of complex needs and domestic abuse. We are seeking specialist coaches to come and support setting up the service and delivering it. You will be working in a psychologically informed environment and adopting a strengths based approach. We are looking for creative colleagues, who can find ways to engage women who are historically more difficult to engage. You will work closely with Southampton’s homelessness team and key partner agencies and will receive an excellent training package in order to equip you with the resources to provide creative and dynamic support, including professional reflective practise sessions and clinical supervision, which will be provided by a clinical psychologist.
Our Supported Housing department has a well-established expertise in delivering bespoke domestic abuse services for underrepresented groups. We have nationally recognised domestic absue services for those who identify as LGBTQ+, women from a South Asian background and women with complex needs.
Driven by our vision for everyone to have the opportunity to have a place that they can call home, we’re a leading social housing provider with a mission to deliver good quality, affordable homes to people who need them most.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
If you have what it takes to support women who can have multiple complexities and difficulties in engaging with services, the ability to safety plan and build a strong foundation for their future please consider applying for this exciting role.
- Manage a caseload of women who have complex needsensuring a strengths based approach that enables them to realise their potential, access support, increase their self-esteem, reduce their risks and make safe choices.
- To be an ambassador for the Southampton Domestic Abuse Complex Needs Service, working in partnership with local specialist support agencies and statutory organisations, and ensuring attendance at local MARAC and MASH meetings.
- Working closely with key partners, deliver quality, outcome focused coaching support sessions in both one-to-one sessions and group sessions, providing both emotional and practical support; including but not limited to support sessions on keeping safe, healthy relationships, substance use, mental health and wellbeing, finance and budget management and employment skills and housing.
- Maintain up to date risk assessments, including the DASH at referral, and support plans for all customers and ensure that safety planning is a major component of this as well as compliance with Stonewater Safeguarding policies and procedures; appropriately managing safeguarding concerns to ensure excellent safeguarding practice is embedded within your work.
- Encourage co-production with customers, using a range of engagement techniques to seek the views of customers on the service and explore any ideas / improvements for future service provision.
- Proven experience of working with people who have multiple complex needs and/or domestic abuse.
- Experience in completing DASH risk assessments and carrying out robust safety planning.
- An understanding of the practical, emotional, economic and social issues of those experiencing Domestic Abuse, particularly those who have complex needs.
- Proven experience of complex caseload management, with a clear focus on outcomes for customers and their wider community and ability to record concise, accurate case notes and support paperwork.
- Ability to demonstrate partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health teams, offending services or other relevant services. And experience of attending MARAC and MASH meetings, with an understanding of the processes behind these meetings.
- Ability to provide quality casework.
More details can be found in the information pack.
*Applications may close earlier than the date shown*
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.