Do you share our vision of a world without domestic abuse?
This is an exciting opportunity to join Hampshire’s largest domestic abuse charity. Stop Domestic Abuse is a unique and innovative provider of all services to people affected by domestic abuse.
The Finance and Office Manager will provide comprehensive financial management support to the CEO and Trustee board enabling them to make informed financial decisions, manage the head office in Havant and line manage office-based staff.
As an active participant in the organisation’s management team you will prepare budgets, analyse and interpret monthly financial reports, highlighting any variance to agreed budgets. You will be responsible for Health and Safety in our head office, oversee key functions such as payroll and audit, write and update policies and procedures and provide financial information for grants, tenders and monitoring reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of financial and management reporting within a medium sized firm either in the charity sector or commercially
- Experience of preparing end of year accounts including liaising with auditors
- Strong knowledge of SORP, charity law and financial legislation in respect of charities
- Full computer literacy with a good working knowledge of MS Office and computerised accounting systems. Experience of using SAGE would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the charity including Trustees.
Closing date for applications: Monday 24th August, 9am. We will recruit the first suitable applicant, so apply early as we may close earlier.
We particularly welcome applicants from BAMER communities that are currently under-represented in our organisation.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: Business Support & Development Director (BSDD)
Responsible For: Finance Officer, Electronic Systems & Media Officer, Administration Officer
Budget Responsibilities: Overview of all budgets, specific responsibility for elements of the central Management budget .
Hours: 37 hrs Working Pattern: TBA
The Board meets on Monday afternoons and evenings so the successful applicant must be available to attend these meetings approximately 5 times a year.
Location: Stop Domestic Abuse’s services are currently delivered in Hampshire and Portsmouth. This role is based in Havant.
In return we offer a generous annual leave entitlement rising with length of service, comprehensive training and development programme, pension scheme, employee assistance programme and childcare voucher scheme. We can offer you a varied, interesting role in our busy and dynamic charity