Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Permanent
We're looking for a talented individual to drive innovation within a leading children's charity
They are the UK's largest children's charity focused purely on encouraging and providing opportunities for children to read. They are ambitious about designing and developing their interventions and offers to reach more children, particularly those who are disadvantaged.
As Proposition Development Manager you will own the continued design and development of end-to-end propositions, bringing together teams of cross-functional experts to achieve maximum impact for the children they most want to support. Priorities could range from working on enhancing existing E2E service journeys to discovering and defining new opportunities and innovation spaces to achieve the organisational goals.
You will take responsibility of the overall development journey drawing on new and existing insight from families and partners and stewarding a cross functional team of experts from across the organisation to execute with excellence. You will also partner with Research & Impact to digest learnings from existing offers ensuring the organisation can pivot and respond to opportunities and gaps to better support families to get reading.
You will be responsible for managing the work through their project governance structure, updating project documentation and seeking timely decisions at the appropriate forums. You will need to manage risk across the portfolio, escalating as appropriate and ensuring the right conversations take place at the right times to minimise the charity's exposure. Importantly, you will play a key role in 'joining the dots' between the different touchpoints within their existing offerings, leading to a connected and impactful journey for the children they want to support that is 'more than the sum of its parts'.
You will also be leading a team of Product Developers who will support execution by bringing specialist expertise in a variety of design skills from digital prototyping to ethnographic research (dependent on project needs). You will be responsible for providing coaching and steer to Product Developers as they plan and execute design activities, ensuring that they deliver against timelines, budget and the outcomes that have been set. As a cross-functional team leader you will act as a matrixed manager for project team members from other functions across the organisation.
You will bring stakeholders on the design journey with you, relishing diversity of thought and understanding different perspectives to find common ground and transformative ways forward. You'll see the proposition enhancements through to delivery, working in partnership with key stakeholders in Partnerships, Operations and Marketing to source new products, analyse options and scale-up design improvements.
We're very open minded about your background - you could be an agency Planner, a NPD/Innovation Manager or perhaps in a role where product or proposition development play an integral part. You don't need NFP experience, but you'll need to appreciate there are differences from working in a very commercial organisation. But what we're looking for, to ensure we find someone who will succeed in this Proposition Development Manager role is someone with;
- A passion for purpose-led design and innovation and be excited by the charity's mission to support children to access the life changing benefits of reading and will put them at the heart of everything you do.
- Experience of being a project/portfolio leader, with an ability to manage multiple plans, development activities and workstreams to develop new offerings. You will be comfortable with deftly pivoting plans and focus as knowledge increases, whilst bringing the rest of the team and organisation with you on the journey.
- Skills to lead and provide steer to cross-functional teams of experts from different functional areas (e.g. marketing, operations) to achieve our strategic aims, using strong stewardship skills to deliver through others and plot new ways forward.
- Strong influencing skills and be able to manage end-to-end proposition design and
development all the way through from discovery to scaled delivery, providing cross- functional steer to ensure our target user experience is delivered.
- A very creative mind and great visual storytelling skills to bring ideas to life in a way that excites stakeholders about new possibilities, as well as using insights and narrative to challenge the status quo.
- The ability to explore and identify the optimal commercial and logistical options for delivery to make designs a reality.
-Experience of service, product, and experience design with experience of turning ideas into scaled reality whilst incorporating the user voice throughout.
- A strong understanding of human-centred/design-thinking based tools and approaches to move through the design, development and delivery of propositions.
- An attitude that is bold and ambitious to deliver for the children the charity supports with a willingness to try and test different ways of working and embrace positive learning from failure. You'll be confident in challenging the status quo.
They have two bases - one in central London and one in NE England, this role could be based out of either. Currently they operate a hybrid working policy with two fixed days in the office every week. There is the opportunity for this to potentially be a 4dpw role. If you think you have what we're looking for and have the right to work in the UK please send your details to us.