Salary £41,000 pro rata
Part-time, 17 hours per week
Kennington SE11 5DP
Here at Straight Talking Peer Education, we employ teenage parents to educate young people about early parenthood and relationships, enabling them to make responsible choices and keep young people safe from harm.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our charity at a time when our beneficiaries need us more than ever. Straight Talking is located in a Central London office and our output is increasing; requiring sound financial infrastructure.
Your role will be to manage the charity’s financial transactions and management reporting, working to deadlines, meeting statutory requirements and reporting to the SMT and board who meet in the evening bi-monthly.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing robust management information including cash flow projections, for the board and management team
- Day-to-day financial management: bookkeeping, processing receipts and payments
- Ownership and regular review of all financial internal controls
- Preparing and monitoring budgets for funders
- Advising the board of financial matters
- Managing the outsourced weekly and monthly payroll process
- Managing year end accounts review process
- Managing external relationships with HMRC and other statutory bodies
To be successful, you will have:
- Part or fully qualified accountant status (or equivalent)
- Significant direct experience of financial and budgeting responsibilities
- Financial work experience within the third sector
- An understanding of Charity Accounting (SORP)
- Experience reporting to Trustees and Funders
- Excellent communication skills, administration and IT skills, particularly with Excel
- Particularly well-developed organisation and internal information-sharing skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative
- Understanding of the issues of poverty
- Ability to use Salesforce CRM and would be advantageous
To apply, please upload a CV and cover letter stating how you meet the criteria above.
Closing date: All applications will be assessed as they are submitted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.