Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Strawberry Hill House & Garden is currently seeking a Fundraising Manager to manage our relationships with Trusts, Foundations, individual and corporate donors and grant-making bodies, both in the UK and abroad. The aim is to generate a steady stream of charitable income to augment our operational revenues and ensure a long-term sustainable future for Strawberry Hill House and Garden.
Strawberry Hill House & Garden is a hub of activity. We run an extensive and popular community and education programme and welcome students each term from Primary to University level. As part of their course, student teachers at neighboring St Mary's University work with our Education Team to explore the House's potential for learning across the curriculum. We also work across the community, including the less advantaged and those living with disabilities, providing valuable experience to enhance their day-to-day lives.
You will be a talented and energetic individual of graduate calibre, with a broad network of contacts and demonstrable fundraising experience, including with NHLF. You will have highly developed communication and organisational skills and a natural ability to develop and sustain relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from all walks of life. You will work with the in-house team of staff and volunteers, as well as the Board of Trustees.
This is an important senior role and an attractive opportunity for the right individual to develop further their high-level fundraising knowledge and experience. Salary and hours negotiable. This initially a 12month fixed term contract.
The Fundraising Manager will support Strawberry Hill House & Garden for The Strawberry Hill Trust by raising funds and maximising income generation potential. You will:
1. Develop our trusts and foundations funding programme by:
2. Maintain and develop the solicitation, engagement and stewardship programme for (i) individual donors and (ii) Membership, including:
3. Maintain our fundraising database including recording donations ; keeping colleagues and Board members informed when donations are received in their area; maximising Gift Aid; maintaining up to date files on donors in accordance with data protection legislation; segmenting the contacts database as appropriate to deliver tailored communications to different groupings by donor interest or location; analysing giving trends and helping to set specific annual donor goals; monitoring progress through key performance indicators.
4. Create and manage a social media and communications programme for fundraising in liaison with marketing colleagues, including for example:
5. recruit, manage and develop a small team of fundraising volunteers as required to support the fundraising work of The Strawberry Hill Trust.
6. provide advice and support to the Director and Board of Trustees including, but not restricted to: trusts and foundations; individual and corporate fundraising; Membership; development of strategies and associated work programmes to fulfil campaign targets.
7. maintain a high level and strategic awareness of the fundraising sector and other cultural organisations’ fundraising programmes, as well as keeping abreast of new developments in general, recommending improvements as appropriate.
8. work collaboratively with external consultancies as necessary and be responsive to expert advice and support.
9. handle fundraising enquiries and respond flexibly to requests and work requirements.
10. financial administration and end of year reconciliation of fundraising income;
11. take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
12. be accountable for their own development through the appraisal process, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills.
13. actively follow The Strawberry Hill Trust’s policies including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
Dimensions of the role
Strawberry Hill House & Garden has a small staff team of 15, all but 3 being part time. The Fundraising Manager will report to the Director. Specifically, the post holder will:
The post-holder will be required to work some weekends and evenings as the Fundraising programme dictates. Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by The Strawberry Hill Trust.
We are looking for a talented and energetic individual of graduate calibre with highly developed communication and organisational skills, fundraising experience, and a commitment to team work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE