- Full time (37.5 hours)
- £27,000 - £32,000 per annum plus benefits
Street Child, a rapidly expanding global children's charity, are searching for an outstanding individual to work within our group marketing, media and communications (MMC) team- helping to accelerate our organisation’s development and impact.
We are looking for an energetic and creative Content & Media manager who will help to transform our MMC output by improving the quality of our content and interactions with our audience. This is a real opportunity for a talented individual to create beautiful content, with storytelling at the heart.
This role will report directly to our Head of Marketing, Media and Comms but work closely with our fundraising teams and frequently support the rest of the organisation across programmes and global fundraising.
We are looking for someone who can drive our content forward; offering fresh, creative ideas and a strong attention to detail but who can also step back and see the wider, strategic picture. This is a role for someone who wants to get stuck in, has a natural desire to always better the work with an eye on continually optimising content and a willingness to lend their hand across multiple touchpoints of the organisation.
This role supports a wide range of the group’s media, marketing and external communications:
- Content creation; creating compelling content which communicates our work and impact to our audience and ultimately drives a deeper engagement. This content creation spans copywriting for blog posts and website updates to videos and posts for our social channels.
- Graphic design; driving forward the way in which the organisation presents itself to our audiences with a strong understanding of graphic design. The ability to create programme reports, invites for events and fundraising packs.
- Basic SEO knowledge; an understanding of SEO to help optimise the Street Child website and establish digital credibility.
- Social media; leading the Street Child mission to be truly social and digital first with social first content (as above) and the management of social channels. Twitter is crucial and this role requires an ability to channel Street Child’s tone of voice and regularly comment on relevant international current affairs. Also helping to drive forward a social first marketing strategy to position Street Child as a leader in this space.
- Brand; being a key person in protecting the brand and brand guidelines across the global organisation.
- Any other tasks as required to support MMC and Street Child.
Street Child began working in Sierra Leone in 2008 with one project for 100 children. In 2021 Street Child expects to make a material contribution to the education of half a million children in c.20 countries - and help over a million children by 2024. Powerful, imaginative, professional, and at times brave, communications and story-telling have been a key driver in our early development - and will be equally critical if we are to continue to grow our impact for children living in the world's toughest contexts.
An optimal location for this role would be in London, with a willingness to ideally work in our London office for four days of the week. Other arrangements, UK or global, will be considered however for an exceptional candidate.
To apply, please visit our website where you will find details on how to submit your CV and a brief covering note explaining why you think you could make an extraordinary impact in this role.
The closing date is Monday 8th November however, applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and we will close the vacancy as soon as we have found the right candidate which may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with our Safeguarding Policy. Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply, please submit your CV which should be accompanied by a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role .