Street Child is a fast growing development and humanitarian INGO with education, child protection and livelhoods operations in ten countries across Africa and Asia. We are seeking an outstanding professional to spearhead the delivery and expansion of Street Child’s programming in DR Congo. The successful candidate will be a fluent French speaker with excellent networking and relationship-building skills.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic self-starter with the ambition and skill to drive forward our DR Congo strategy. The first goal will be to help Street Child strategise, initiate and secure new opportunities for expansion, by increasing presence and visibility and the national and sub-national levels. The second goal will be to support strong and adaptive delivery of Street Child’s programmesin DR Congo.
Required technical experience, knowledge and skills
- Previous experience of delivering high quality education, EiE and/or child protection programming, with a clear track record of adaptation and/or success;
- Demonstrable experience of budget management, grant management and developing / delivering MEL approaches;
- Excellent written and spoken communications in French and English; demonstrable experience of proposal development and/or winning funding highly desirable;
- Strong working knowledge of education, child protection and livelihoods in emergencies approaches; specific technical expertise highly desirable;
- Strong working knowledge of the DR Congo and/or wider Great Lakes context;
- A commitment to and respect for local partnership is essential; proven coaching skills and organisational development experience are highly desirable;
- Postgraduate qualifications relating to international development or related field is highly desirable; or equivalent experience;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French is a requirement.
- Excellent relationship building skills, with an ability to skilfully navigate both national and international stakeholders;
- Strategic thinking, with a strong ‘nose’ for initiating and building partnerships and sourcing funding opportunities;
- A ‘can-do’, and agile attitude, with a passion for problem solving and adaptative thinking;
- Ability to skilfully balance independent working with wider teamwork with both UK and international teams.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.