If you are looking for an exciting role focused on programme design, delivery and reporting in a fast moving, ambitious organisation, we encourage you to apply for our new vacancy as Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager for Street Child Nigeria. At Street Child, we believe that every child deserves the chance to go to school and learn. We have programmes in fourteen countries across sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, priding ourselves on being willing to go to the world’s toughest places. We have been working in Nigeria since 2017, implementing major humanitarian programmes in the North East in response to the protection and education needs of children affected by the crisis.
We are seeking an experienced MEAL Manager with a substantial background in programme management and/or MEAL experience to lead on the development and implementation of an organisational MEAL system. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong experience in capacity strengthening, data analysis and excellent interpersonal skills to effectively lead on internal and external reporting. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply following the steps outlined below.
Programme Design and Management (60%)
- Lead on the development and oversee the roll-out of an organisational MEAL system, ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries
- Ensure that MEAL is an integral part of the programme design and implementation leading to enhanced quality, accountability.
- Identifies and introduces new elements (systems, tools, processes) required under the MEAL system and project manages development
- Plan and conduct regular field monitoring and ensuring that reports with clear action plans are included and followed up and decisions are informed.
- Support the capacity development of staff and partners on M&E
- Lead on planning for and roll-out of new research and consultation, identifying stakeholders and the modality for presentation and information sharing
Internal and external reporting (40%)
- Responsible to ensure that the organisation delivers on all internal M&E requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information, including reporting on Street Child global indicators and monthly/quarterly report.
- Provide HQ with regular information and case studies to contribute to the communication, fundraising and advocacy strategies
- Ensures external accountability to donors through the implementation of timely and quality MEAL activities leading to timely and accurate reporting (including clusters’ reporting)
- Ensure that high quality analysis reports to illustrate SC’s impact and assessment findings are produced, including evidence of good practice, and that they are communicated at appropriate events.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to Bachelor degree level or higher
- Master’s degree in International Development, Human Rights or Statistic
Experience and Knowledge
- Substantial work experience in programme management and/or MEAL experience in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of Street Child priority sectors: education, protection, livelihood
- Strong experience in designing, implementing and managing MEAL systems
- Strong experience in data analysis
- Staff management experience, including of coaching and mentoring
- Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings for staff and partners.
- Previous experience in North east Nigeria
- Experience in designing, planning and completing researches.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent spoken and written English skills. Ability to effectively represent the Agency in a variety of public and private forums.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence others;
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to speak Hausa
- Position open for national (preferred) and international applicants
Able to travel regularly, sometimes in insecure environments
Attractive benefits are included – details available on request. Please note that this role is unaccompanied and not suitable for candidates looking for a family posting.
How to Apply
A completed Application Form should be submitted along with your CV by midnight on Friday 19th June 2020. Please click 'Apply' to access the contact information to submit your application.
We will review applications as they are received and reserve the right to bring forward the closing date. As this role is based in country, appropriate pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.