Play a key role as Partnership Manager leading on key strategic partnerships at a local, regional and national level and take responsibility for developing, piloting and pricing our exciting new digital delivery platform.
- £35,000 per annum
- 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and opportunity for flexible working
- London with some travel around the UK
- Permanent, Full Time
StreetDoctors teaches emergency first aid to young people at risk of youth violence so they know what to do if someone is bleeding or unconscious. We do this through our movement of young healthcare volunteers (medics, nurses and paramedics) who train 11-25 year olds to understand the true medical consequences of violence and empower them to become lifesavers in their communities.
About the role
- Working with the Director of Operations and Finance, oversee the delivery of key elements of the StreetDoctors Business Plan in support of business development and income growth
- Implement our new pricing structure and the development, pilot and roll out of digital systems for monitoring delivery.
- Lead on cultivating and maintaining relationships with delivery partners and building strong local and regional partnerships.
- Working with the Director of Operations and Finance and Fundraising Manager build and maintain StreetDoctors Grassroots Fund.
- Work with the Central Team to ensure processes and systems are developed in consultation with local teams and where necessary adapted to supper local delivery.
- Support London Coordinator and Summer Expansion Officer to research and analyse key data to inform StreetDoctors expansion into new areas and support the set-up of local teams.
- At least two years’ experience of the successful brokering and stewarding of partnerships to support an increase in delivery and / or income.
- Demonstrable business and organisational development experience including experience of negotiating delivery contracts.
- In-depth understanding of delivering in a volunteer-led organisation and the challenges and opportunities it can present.
- Strong understanding of financial management and cost recovery models.
- Ability to understand operational and delivery issues, identifying obstacles and finding creative solutions.
- Effective decision-making skills with the ability to prioritise complex tasks and implement key strategic objectives.
- Understanding of the complex needs of young people with lived experience of violence and how that needs to be taken into account when negotiating and or brokering service level agreements.
We are looking for committed and passionate people who are strategic and focused, able to turn vision into action, with excellent people and leadership skills as well as digital expertise. Applications, with a CV must be supported by a covering letter.