Family Engagement Project Manager (Long Term Contract)
StreetGames harnesses the power of sport to inspire positive change in the lives of disadvantaged young people across the UK. We’re a fast-moving and innovative charity that has a sector-leading reputation for delivering sport and physical activity on the doorstep of deprived communities.
After successfully securing funding, we have developed the Family Engagement Project (FEP), which aims to increase the physical activity levels and improve the emotional and mental wellbeing of 265 families living in poverty across six local authorities in Wales. The project will work with over 30 local delivery partners and provide training for over 60 local activators, who will help make the project happen.
We are now looking for a Family Engagement Project Manager to join us on a contract until March 2022 to oversee the successful delivery of the programme.
- Salary of £33,466 - £35,425 per annum
- Take your next step with an award-winning charity
- Oversee a project that has the potential to make lasting impact
If you’re a project or programme manager with experience of working with families living in areas of poverty, this is an amazing opportunity to make a positive difference to disadvantaged families in Wales.
In this exciting contract, you will have the chance to help young people and communities enjoy lives that are healthier, safer and more successful through sport.
So, if you have the creativity and dedication to drive partnerships that will transform lives for the better, we want to hear from you.
As the Family Engagement Project Manager, you’ll lead and support local delivery partners to ensure the Family Engagement Project is a success.
Developing strong relationships with partners and the StreetGames Wales team, you’ll make sure the project uses an Asset Based Community Development Approach.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage all operational aspects of the project, including planning, delivery, logistics, reporting and dissemination
- Create innovative and effective behavioural change opportunities
- Develop and manage the project budget
- Implement a clear monitoring and evaluation plan
To join us as a Family Engagement Project Manager, you will need experience of the following:
- Working with families living in areas of poverty
- Mobilising people from lower socio-economic groups to be more physically active
- Managing a range of projects and programmes involving internal and external partners, including developing project management systems
- Developing and/or implementing robust monitoring and evaluation methods to understand behaviour change
- Providing training and support to multiple organisations
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, Programme Manager, Charity Project Manager, Sports Project Manager, Sports Engagement Project Manager, Sports Engagement Programme Manager or Health Engagement Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 5th August 2019. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 19th August 2019.
Webrecruit and StreetGames are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as our Family Engagement Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.