StreetVet – Fundraising and Development Volunteer/s
This is an exciting volunteer opportunity for experienced professionals to support StreetVet in our fundraising and development. We need experienced help and support to develop our community fundraising, individual giving, and events and to support the General Manager with running our grant application fundraising. The role/s will also involve developing new areas of fundraising (e.g. corporate; major gifts; mid-level giving).
If you could assist with some (or even all!) of the areas highlighted below we would be delighted to hear from you.
StreetVet is a small charity established by volunteer vets and vet nurses to provide essential, free veterinary care to the animals belonging to the homeless community.
We aim to:
- Provide free accessible vet care to the homeless, vulnerable and those in crisis
- Provide a volunteer platform for the veterinary profession
- Foster and support the human animal bond in its most profound form
- Promote and protect the welfare of animals.
The key areas that we need your experience on are:
- Developing our fundraising strategy
- Researching trusts and foundations, and bid writing
- Helping to secure funds from corporates and individuals
- Membership development
- Supporting and developing our fundraising work
- Developing individual giving, campaigns and events
- Exploring the development of new income streams (e.g. mid-level giving; major donors)
More specifically, the formal responsibilities of the role/s will include:
- Work with General Manager to develop and implement a fundraising strategy to maximise income, including building new business pipeline & a portfolio of high value prospects.
- Identify large scale grant opportunities; manage the preparation, writing and submission of bids to funders.
- Develop innovative approaches to raising funds including crowd funding and organising bespoke fundraising events.
- Support the General Manager in making direct approaches, develop and deliver tailored corporate fundraising proposals and requests for pro-bono support.
- Preparation of high-quality marketing materials to support fundraising, liaising with corporate partners and agencies.
- Organise both fundraising and stewardship events
- Develop the membership base of StreetVet through management of communications with partner organisations, support with the website development and social media to promote the charity.
- Helping to run online campaigns and appeals, including creating assets, writing copy, merging emails, using social media platforms.
- Support the membership base to develop their own fundraising skills and initiatives.
- Identification of mid-level and major donor prospects among individual givers, and proactive prospect research and cultivation
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records of grants and securely storing all fundraising data (e.g. donor data, Gift Aid forms) in accordance with GDPR
- Managing fundraising data, including developing the use of our new CRM database (Salesforce NPSP ).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.