General Manager – StreetVet
Salary: £35k - £40k p.a. ( inclusive of London weighting) dependent on experience + benefits
Location: Battersea (some UK travel required)
Holiday: 25 days per year plus national holidays
Reporting to: Board of Trustees
Direct reports: Operations Manager and non-operational volunteers
Please note: this role is being advertised as full time permanent (37.5 hours per week) however for the right candidate StreetVet will consider a part time role at a minimum of 3 days per week pro rata. Please indicate in the application form if you are seeking a part time role.
StreetVet is an award winning RCVS registered practice delivering high quality, free veterinary care to the pets of homeless people across the UK.
Born in 2016, StreetVet was inspired by the incredible bonds that exist between those who are homeless and their pets, and StreetVet vets and nurses, working with outreach organisations, are now in multiple locations across England every week providing care and support.
Since the organisation’s inception we have helped care for hundreds of dogs (some cats and a rabbit!). We have vaccinated and microchipped; treated for fleas and protected against lungworm; prescribed pain relief and helped fight infections; performed surgeries; and sometimes just sat and listened. And we want to do more.
Our Top Priorities
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic General Manager to work with the Founders and Board of Trustees to help lead and take this high profile and growing national charity to the next step in realising their ambition, whilst embedding good governance, project management and strengthening the charity’s financial position.
Broad Description of Role
• Work with the Board of Trustees to develop and deliver StreetVet’s vision and strategy
• Develop the culture and team capabilities to meet our ambitions
• Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for the organisation to strengthen our financial sustainability, including maintaining existing donors and developing new funding streams
• Ensure there is timely, accurate financial and management information available and monitored to ensure financial transparency, compliance and security.
• Lead the development of the organisation’s budget and operating plans
• Embed sound project management and be responsible for creating an efficient supporting infrastructure for volunteers including office space, IT, data protection, communications, etc.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of organisation-wide policies
• Measure and report on the effectiveness and impact of operational delivery
• Manage all aspects of a small but rapidly growing high-profile charity.
Who we’re looking for - knowledge and experience
• Experience of working at a senior level within the Third Sector
• Evidence of experience within the range of business functions and systems, including areas such as strategic development and planning, human resources, budgeting, business analysis, finance, policy development, IT and legal
• Fundraising, preferably with at least one area of specialism from major donor, community or individual fundraising
• Experience of marketing, PR, social media and brand management
• Experience of setting and managing budgets
• Ability to lead and develop teams
• Experience of recruiting, training and managing staff and volunteers
• Chairing effective meetings
• Experience of risk management
Written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
Time management and personal motivation, and ability to work flexibly with a small fast growing organisation
Belief in the vision, mission and values of StreetVet
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining StreetVet please download the application form on our website and complete and submit by 1 October 2019