The University of Surrey Students' Union has a vacancy for a Student Activities Coordinator to join our team. The role will include providing guidance and administrative support to our elected officers and student societies. The coordinator will also be responsible for the development and organisation of our Give it a Go programme and activities for students to attend. This includes cultural day trips, i.e. to Bath, Oxford and theatre trips; our annual trips to Disneyland Paris and Europe; Open Air Cinema, Halloween Pumpkin Carving and Christmas crafts along with our main student events including Fresher's Fayre. The candidate will deal on a daily basis with society members and be required to work with them in order to help develop our various societies to the next level.
We are looking for a candidate who can display:
- The ability to be proactive and approachable
- Skills to deal face to face with a variety of different people on a day to day basis
- Excellent administrative skills and experience
- Team player with a flexible attitude towards work
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good time management and prioritising skills
- Self starter
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Creative skills
- Proven skills to work with individuals/groups for development and advancement
The Students' Union is proud to be an Investor in People, Investor in Volunteers and a 2016 Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not For Profit Company (placed 5th) and 3 star 2016 Best Companies to work for.
To apply you will need to send your CV, a covering letter and details of three referees.
Previous applicants for this vacancy need not apply.