Community and Events Lead Manager
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
You will be accountable for overseeing all of our events, external comms and activities aimed at increasing Students4Students’ impact in the local communities we operate in. You will be responsible for our team of Community and Events officers, who run events and community building activities in our branches.
Students4Students (S4S) is a member led charity which is split across 3 branches. Our focus is on increasing educational attainment for all pupils, irrespective of their background. Our biggest programme is currently our tutoring programme. However, we are now looking to expand our work to increase general awareness of the issues impacting educational inequality.
We believe that we can use our experience and knowledge from our tutoring programme to become a significant voice to the debates ongoing on how to fight educational inequality. We also think that raising our profile will have a positive impact on our tutoring programme. We are therefore looking for someone to help us raise S4S’s profile , run effective events and engage with the key debates that we care about.
Responsibilities and duties
The post-holder will be responsible for:
• Owning and managing the processes for how S4S runs/produces external events and comms.
• Designing and executing a strategy for how S4S can increase its impact outside of the tutoring programme.
• Support internal efforts to build a strong sense of community amongst our members.
• Manage the team of branch Community and Events officers; including providing training, coaching and support for them.
• Throughout the year – We expect the post holder to commit to an average of 2 hours per week
i. Experience running events and producing external comms
ii. Experience managing volunteers
i. Experience working with student volunteers
ii. Experience working in a non-profit setting
iii. Experience working in an educational setting
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.