Be there when it matters
There has never been a more important time to provide high quality, specialist
end-of-life care to support patients and their families.
St John’s Hospice is in Moggerhanger in Bedfordshire, and we provide expert care for life-limiting conditions. We’re here to help people and their loved ones, with everything from pain and symptom management to emotional and practical help.
About the role
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and confident Community Fundraiser with excellent communication skills and experience of developing strong relationships whilst working towards the achievement of targets.
• To plan for and deliver income to target and agreed Key Performance Indicators across a variety of income streams with a focus on recruiting community relationships and developing supporter led activity.
• To work collaboratively with fundraising colleagues across the directorate to help deliver national income streams (legacies, regular giving, events)
• To champion and facilitate a consistent and exceptional supporter care experience
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Community fundraising experience including the delivery of supporter led income
• Experience of the recruitment, management and strategic use of volunteers
• An excellent networker, capable of developing relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• A very strong performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
• Ability to contribute to a pro-active team culture
• Community fundraising experience and expertise, including delivery of supporter led income, IT literacy essential
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at different levels
• Ability to put the supporter at the centre of everything we do and adapt behaviour or communications appropriately to provide the best experience for the supporter
• Ability to work from own initiative & independently with an adaptable & flexible approach
• Collaborative team player who is willing to share knowledge and learning openly to create understanding and support
• Ability to manage own time and prioritise to deliver results within agreed timescales
• Confident public speaker
• Driving licence (essential)
-Company pension scheme, **Continuation of NHS pension**
-25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
-Competitive enhanced pay for nights, weekends and public holidays
-Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
-Enhanced sick pay
If you want more than just a job, We want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.