Community Fundraising Manager
Be there when it matters
There has never been a more important time to provide high quality, specialist end-of-life care to support patients and their families.
Wheatfields Hospice is in Headingley, Leeds. We provide expert palliative care. We support people living with a life-limiting condition, and also help their loved ones and family.
About the role
Sue Ryder Wheatfields Hospice has an exciting vacancy for an experienced Community Fundraiser to join and lead our hospice fundraising team. We’re looking for an experienced manager with passion and drive to grow our income and build strong relationships with our community and corporate supporters.
- To plan for and deliver income annually for Sue Ryder across our key income streams
- To manage the growth of fundraising income to target, and in line with the hospice Fundraising Strategy.
- Support the strategic development of fundraising in the local area
- To manage a variety of community income streams with a strong focus on recruiting and managing corporate and higher value relationships
- To manage and support direct reports to deliver targeted income
- To work within income and expenditure budgets in all activity to ensure best return on investment
The successful candidate will be an excellent networker with a proven track record of achieving growth and delivering income to targets. Community income streams are a main focus therefore you will have demonstrable experience of forming and maintaining relationships with a local community to include individuals, groups and associations.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of a small team of paid staff and in addition to this you will also recruit, manage and facilitate the effective engagement with and use of volunteers.
- Experience in a similar role and evidence of working to targets
- A drivers licence and own transport
- Evidence of continued professional development in your chosen field
- Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities to aid career progression
- 27 days holiday - rising to 33 with length of service plus bank holidays
- Online Wellbeing Centre
- Company pension scheme
- Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
If you want more than just a job, We want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
About Sue Ryder
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.