37.5 hours per week - flexible options will be considered
Ref No: DC10972LDN
Home-based with regular travel
£42,000 per annum
12-month fixed term contract
Full-time role, however, flexible arrangements will be considered
We are currently looking for an experienced corporate partnerships manager to join our fundraising department on a fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity leave.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. For over 65 years our doctors, nurses and carers have given people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can. We take the time to understand what’s important to people and give them choice and control over their care. For some this may mean specialist care in one of our centres, whilst others might need support in their own home.
- We provide 2.2 million hours of palliative, neurological and bereavement support to thousands of people every year.
- It will cost us £48m to run our healthcare services in 2019–20.
- We expect to receive £30.4m in statutory funding so we will need to raise £17.3m.
- Just over a quarter of our total income comes from the NHS. NHS funding covers around 43% of our hospice running costs on average, so we rely on fundraising and earned income from our shops to raise the remainder.
- 80p in every £1 spent goes towards our patient care.
- We have around 1,000 doctors and nurses help us to provide our palliative, neurological and bereavement support across the country.
- We provide 850,000 hours of care through our hospices to thousands of families every year.
- Around a third of our fundraised income comes from gifts in Wills. This income pays for the equivalent of around 27 hospice beds every year.
- We have over 9,000 volunteers.
- Last year our online community supported over 135,000 people, with around 18,500 visitors every month.
About the Role
Reporting in to the Head of High Value and Legacies, you will be responsible for leading and developing Sue Ryder’s corporate partnerships programme to drive income growth and develop new partnerships in line with the organisation’s strategic aim to provide more care for more people.
The duties will include:
- To lead on a multi-year corporate partnerships strategy, activity plan and budget in order to significantly grow income from national corporate partnerships
- To develop strategic relationships with corporates to grow donated goods and services for Sue Ryder’s Retail network
- To support the Community Team to significantly grow local corporate income
- Proactively match Sue Ryder’s strategic ambitions and aspirations to corporate partnership opportunities - identifying opportunities which enable Sue Ryder to have social impact and address societal change
- Work with Retail, Fundraising and Marketing colleagues to develop compelling new business propositions, pitches and budgets
- Support the national events programme with sponsorship asks
- Lead on conversations with wide ranging audiences with gravitas and confidence
Relationships, cultivation and stewardship
- Develop strategic two-way face to face relationships with key prospects finding routes to new networks in their peer group in order to build a robust new business pipeline and ultimately grow income
- To develop and deliver relationship development and stewardship plans for all prospects and secured partners to ensure that income is maximised, the resources of Sue Ryder are effectively utilised and supporter experience is exemplary
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues from across the organisation
- Work alongside the Philanthropy and Events Executive who provides support to the Corporate Partnerships Manager
- Develop and support effective team working across directorates
- To ensure that the supporter database (Raisers Edge) is updated with all relevant information in line with organisational policies and procedures
- To have a thorough understanding of GDPR and ensure all actions, materials and activities are compliant and meet Data Protection regulations
- To participate in budgeting and financial management at departmental level
- To monitor and report on income against targets, KPIs, evaluate activities and budgets, adapting plans and reforecasting as necessary in order to meet targets
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be able to display the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of securing significant corporate donations of £100K+
- Proven experience of delivering income growth through the development of corporate partnerships and relationships
- An expert networker – capable of planning and establishing networks that facilitate relationships with key decision makers in large organisations
- Demonstrable success in the development of propositions that have formed the basis of successful partnerships
- Proven ability to deliver presentations that stand out from the competition.
- A proven ability to develop strong internal relationships at a senior level within a large organisation especially with CEO, Directors and Trustees
- Understanding of GDPR and compliance in relation to fundraising
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working with corporate partners with demonstrable success in new business and in securing 6-7 figure partnerships
- Excellent relationship management skills and understanding the motivations of donors, high value and high profile volunteers and influencers
- Experience of delivering excellent account management of large corporate partnerships including staff engagement, sponsorship, cause related marketing and strategic partnerships
- Demonstrates a tenacious’ can do’ and target driven approach and the ability to work proactively and collaboratively as part of an integrated fundraising team
- Proven experience of developing compelling corporate propositions that are in line with the organisation’s strategy and meet the brief of prospective corporate partners
- Ability to work in the evenings and at weekend on occasion
- Ability to travel locally and nationally, full driver’s license is desirable but not essential
This is an exciting time to join Sue Ryder as we continue to expand and improve our offerings to those who need our help, so if you are looking for your next challenge and feel that you can meet the above criteria, please apply today.
The closing date for this position will be October 25th 2021, with interviews being held w/c November 1st.