We currently have an exciting opportunity (potentially two) for an experienced Events Fundraiser to join our National Events Team on a full time basis.
Sue Ryder provides hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
Position: Events Fundraiser
Hours: Full time
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Closing date: 28th February 2022
Competitive Benefits Package: 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more. Please visit our website for the full list.
About the role:
Reporting in to the Events Manager, this role will be responsible for maximising income and brand exposure through the day-to-day management of a portfolio of third-party sports and challenge events.
With the responsibility to maximise exposure of the Sue Ryder brand and therefore increase income from events, the key duties of the role will be:
- Manage the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of an allocated portfolio of events.
- Act as the main point of contact for these events internally and externally. Providing thorough briefing documents, advice, guidance and support to supporters and internal teams.
- Lead on the analysis and timely delivery of end of campaign / event reports, suggesting improvements for the future. Including an assessment of financial and non-financial targets, feedback from participants and alignment with the Events Strategy.
- Ensuring that events processes comply with relevant charity legislation.
- To identify and progress opportunities for development and innovation of the events portfolio. Assisting the Events Manager in presenting clear rational for proposals.
- Complete administrative duties as required.
- Ensuring that administrative systems are adequately resourced and maintained and identifying where the efficiency of systems can be improved.
- Assisting the Community Fundraising Team to meet agreed recruitment and income targets within a defined expenditure budget.
- Monitor event income and expenditure targets as agreed by the Events Manager ensuring there are clear processes in place to monitor all activity and to report on milestones and KPI’s for select events.
- To work closely with Community Fundraisers to deliver strong marketing, provide excellent stewardship, generate good return on investment and a positive on the day experience for our supporters.
- Engage with the internal Events Working Group to provide a forum for support for Regional Teams.
As an experienced fundraising professional who has managed events, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working on Running and Challenge Fundraising Events
- Proven track record of delivering income and expenditure budgets
- Experience of developing and working to event plans
- Experience of developing compelling marketing materials for print, web and social media
- Experience of working in a team and also cross departmentally
- Ability to utilise electronic and manual administrative systems efficiently, and proven experience of an office environment and general IT skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Experience of using a fundraising database such as Raiser’s Edge (Desirable)
- Experience of participation in Challenge events (Desirable)
- Valid driving licence (Desirable)
This is an exciting time to join Sue Ryder and help us to "be there when it matters", so if you meet the criteria above, apply now.
You may also have experience as a Fundraising Manager, Regional Fundraising Manager, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Corporate Fundraiser, Events Fundraiser, Corporate Partnerships Manager, Major Donor Fundraiser, Income Generation, Senior Community Fundraiser, Area Fundraiser, Challenge Events, Individual Giving, etc.