Regional Social Media and Digital Officer – Palliative
London – with option to be homebased (plus occasional travel as required to hospices)
Circa £26,000 and benefits package
Do you have experience of managing a portfolio of social media channels? Are you looking for your next move in a busy and interesting charity role? We are looking for a bright and organised social media whizz to support our broad portfolio of local social media channels and support with some of our website content.
Reporting to the Regional Marketing & Communications Manager you will assist with the planning and posting of content on our hospices local social media channels, responding to and engaging with supporters. This is a varied role working closely with Sue Ryder marketing and communications and digital teams. This would suit a highly efficient social media candidate looking to broaden their experience within a creative, supportive and flexible environment.
- You will be leading on the day to day posts and managing the content for the hospices’ Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Assist and guide the hospice fundraising teams with impactful on line content.
- Plan and manage sponsored social media marketing, including reports on performance and using insights to optimise performance.
- Supporting with the content management of the website (Drupal), uploading blogs and news articles, monthly hospice e-newsletters. Ensuring hospice web pages and community events are current.
- Develop a network of relationships with colleagues across Sue Ryder fundraising to ensure fundraising social media and web content is shared efficiently.
It’s an exciting time to join Sue Ryder. To hit the ground running you will be a highly proficient social media professional with experience of managing a portfolio of social media channels. You will need a demonstrable understanding of using social media in a professional environment along with knowledge of trends and best practice in maintaining engaging social media channels. Excellent communication skills with the ability to work proactively across different teams and liaising with multiple stakeholders are essential to this role, and experience of managing content for websites would be an advantage
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that;s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
**Competitive Employee Benefits**
Company pension scheme, 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell up to five days holiday, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, paid mileage, enhanced sick pay, cash referral bonus scheme, corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services, staff discount of 15% on new goods online, salary sacrifice car scheme, online wellbeing centre, free will writing service, staff finance loans, carers leave policy and lots more.
Interviews: 2nd December 2019 - London