Suffolk Sight are looking to recruit an Interim Operations Manager to help with the amalgamation of two local sight loss charities. This is a great opportunity to join our small team shaping the future of sight support services in Suffolk.
Part-time, 20 hours per week, based at our offices in Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the newly-formed charity and be part of our valuable work helping people with sight loss live full and independent lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct the work of both paid staff and volunteers
- Conduct regular meetings with the staff to discuss issues, concerns, updates, training needs etc.
- Maintain and monitor accurate and clear documentation for operational procedures and activities
- Monitor and control expenses according to agreed budget
- Conduct performance reviews and appraisals
- Provide support to the other staff of the charity where necessary
- Management of facilities
- Ensure that equality and diversity are actively promoted and that the Equality and Diversity Policy is adhered to in all activities
- Undertake any appropriate training as agreed by the Trustee Board and take responsibility for own professional development/training
This job description may be updated by the Trustee Board of Suffolk Sight from time to time in order to meet the changing requirements of the job. Other duties may occasionally be required in line with the purpose and level of responsibility of the post.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 12th July 2019
Short-listing and subsequent selection for this post will be determined by the extent to which you meet the requirements detailed in this person specification. You should try to demonstrate briefly in your cv and covering letter the extent to which you satisfy each of the points of this specification, where possible in terms of past experience.
- Knowledge of change management, including leading or managing operational change
- Experience of building, motivating and leading teams
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector
- Experience of general office administration
- Experience working with confidential information
- Experience of working with committee members or for a membership
Skills and abilities
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to build good rapport and communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to work as part of team
- Ability to work on own
- Good organisational skills
- Good record keeping, assessment, and report writing skills
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver to timescales and budgets
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Suffolk on a regular basis
- Experience of co-ordinating promotional materials and events
- Ability to chair/lead meetings