We can bring sunshine into people’s lives by being at the side of all lonely people in our community!!!
One in twenty people in the UK report feeling lonely, and the number is rising.
It can affect people of any age, with the vulnerable being most at risk - including people living with long-term illness or disability. It’s time to change this.
We are the Sunshine Charity, a new start up charity aiming to fight the battle against loneliness and social isolation. We want to be the sunshine in the lives of those who need it, no matter who they are or where they are going.
Do you have skills and experience that would benefit the work of the Sunshine Charity or help us expand, grow and progress further as a new start-up charity? Then we would love to hear from you.
Do you want to be part of something amazing, a new start-up charity where you will get to help shape, develop and grow its future?
Our Founder, saw the devastating impact of loneliness in his social and community work, including a shocking increase in suicides. And he also saw first-hand how difficult it is to get support for those feeling lonely - including his own disabled sister.
Work started on Sunshine Charity in late 2019 - ready to bring socialising, support and, dare we say it, fun so desperately needed in people’s lives.
We aim to inspire, build confidence and skills, and give people the tools to manage their mental health and wellbeing.
- Online and Telephone based befriending support will give those unable to leave their homes some human connection, with someone to talk to and listen to them, while getting access to the support they need.
- Zoom based activities such as Mindfulness, Boost your Confidence, Mental Health Skills, Exercise and Fitness and much more.
- Drop-In Sessions, with an opportunity to sit down and have a chat with one of our Sunshine Charity team in a relaxed and comfortable space, plus optional participation in our valuable social based activities or our life and social skills workshops.
- Social and Support Groups will be a new opportunity for service users to engage each other in a safe social setting. And our support can continue online, sharing opportunities to socialise and practical support for dealing with the effects of loneliness.
- The Advisory Group actively participate in the work of Sunshine Charity, engaging with decision making, inspiring other vulnerable people, and engaging with the community, while developing communication, leadership, social and life skills. The Group is also given a space where they can make an impact in the lives of those suffering from loneliness and social isolation.
- Other activities that promote health and wellbeing for those suffering from loneliness and social isolation.
We’re recruiting skilled and experienced Volunteers to join us at the Sunshine Charity in a variety of areas/roles to help us make a real difference to the lives of those faciling loneliness and social isolation. We are about to move into our first community hub in Notting Hill Gate in the next month, so we're looking for volunteers interested in being based there and also volunteers able to work remotely. We are seeking volunteers to message us with their skills, experience and suggested ideal role and we can then ensure we send you the correct application pack.
We have position from front line work, to office based work, to charity development to increase our impact and reach, so we are likely to have a suitable role to suit you, or we may be able to create one as well as a new start-up charity raring to go to ensure we make a real difference.
Why not volunteer with us and help us transform the lives of vulnerable people suffering in silence and let us break the chains of social isolation and loneliness and help make a difference in the lives of those in need.
Email us with your skills/experience and ideal role or area you would like to support us in and we can then send you an Application Form and further inforation based on how you can help us.
The Sunshine Charity - By Your Side
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.