Role: Communications Officer
Hours: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday
Holiday: 25 days per year plus Bank Holidays
Based: St Agnes, Cornwall
Probationary Period: 3 months
Reports to: Head of Communications
- Additional 1 day holiday per year after each year of service, up to 3 years
- Employer pension scheme
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- 24-hour employee support line
- Incredible ocean location
Surfers Against Sewage:
Surfers Against Sewage started 30 years ago; a group of water lovers fighting back to clean up the sea so we could stop getting sick. As we campaigned we started getting wiser about the full scope of pollution, waste, destruction and rising temperatures damaging the ocean that so many of us love and that we all rely on.
We realised it wasn’t just people getting sick from ocean pollution. It was the planet as well. That for people to thrive and live life to the fullest, the ocean has to thrive too. So we started rising up on more issues, bringing together more people and using our collective power to drive change. Plastic. Water quality. The climate crisis. Ocean recovery. By building and connecting communities motivated to make a difference, we gather the evidence and give voice to the issues that hold leaders to account.
From the beach-front to the frontbench, pavements to the hilltops, we’re creating inspired, motivated Ocean Activists everywhere, each one of us committed to the exact same thing. Protecting the ocean and all it makes possible.
A lot has changed in the last three decades. But we’re still a group of water lovers, fighting back, to clean up the sea. It’s just now there are more of us, with more corners to fight.
Today we are more than surfers. It’s about more than sewage. We’re here because of the ocean. Let’s fight for it.
The Surfers Against Sewage values are:
Together, we’re passionate, down to earth campaigners, with a deep unrelenting love of the ocean. We believe in building diverse, inclusive and active communities.
We are human, doing our best for the ocean that we all love and rely on. When we don’t get things right, we learn from it. We believe in authenticity. You can’t fake trust.
We’re creative risk takers, willing to disrupt the status quo and show how being different makes a difference. We have edge and energy that we put to use, pushing back against norms and pushing forward a counterview of what’s possible for our planet.
We are dynamic, active, energetic doers. From the beachfront to the frontbench, we bring people together, empowering them to get stuck in and make real change happen.
We’re serious, experienced, rigorous, determined and dedicated. We know the impact of people power and how our actions on the ground, and at the top, make a difference.
About the role:
We are looking for a Communications Officer to join our office in Cornwall. This role will support the Head of Comms in increasing SAS’s impact with a focus on curating SAS’ social media output, including creating content, developing SAS’ use of social media platforms and using analytics to monitor, report and evolve our output.
As Communications Officer, your role will be both creative and strategic, as you support, collaborate with, and empower various teams to deliver impactful communications. You’ll work closely with the Head of Comms to optimise our output and act as a gatekeeper for the SAS brand, working with all teams across the organisation. If you have an eye for social content which can engage people and encourage them to take action, we want to hear from you.
Please note that this role is full time and based at SAS’s HQ in Wheal Kitty, St Agnes, Cornwall.
- Plan, co-ordinate and gatekeep social media calendars
- Create impactful social content (including video and graphics)
- Advise and support teams on social media content and communication strategy for campaigns
- Liaison with digital marketing agency on social and google ad spend
- Manage social media tools and platforms
- Oversee social media and digital channel reports
- Create and develop brand-led social growth and engagement strategies
- Produce content for other digital channels, including website and email
- Deliver reports and recommendations to Head of Comms and internal teams
- Act as a brand guardian, sense checking output to ensure consistency
- Respond to ad-hoc requests and any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post
Skills and experience:
- Proven track record of managing and growing busy social media platforms
- Familiar with the tactics and strategies that sit behind impactful social content, including the use of ad spend
- Confident to work across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok and other social media platforms as well as website and email
- Proficient in writing copy with a strong eye for detail and the ability to write for multiple audience groups
- Proficient at photo and video editing for social content
- A good understanding of performance reporting, how to set benchmarks, measure against KPIs and provide recommendations for improvement
- Used to working in a fast paced, busy environment
- Prior experience within the charity sector, especially campaigning charities, is a bonus but not a necessity
- 1-3 years in a similar role
- A desire to make a positive difference for the ocean and planet
- Highly creative with a keen interest in social media growth and engagement tactics
- Excellent communication skills, internally as well as outward facing
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Not afraid to experiment, innovate and come to the table with new ideas
- Happy to get stuck in and work with the team to achieve ambitious goals
- Well organised with both a structured and agile mind-set to do what’s required
- A willingness to learn and take onboard feedback
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
- Inspired by SAS’s mission, vision and values
- Likes to spend time near, on or in the sea
- Full, clean, UK drivers licence
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role.
Closing Date: 29th May (midnight)
Interview Date: Interviews expected to be held w/c 6th June, in person at Wheal Kitty.
Surfers Against Sewage values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.