Role: Fundraising Administrator Hours: 37.5 per week Monday to Friday
Contract: Full time, Permanent Salary: £18,500 - £19,500
Holiday: 25 days per year plus Bank Holidays
Based: SAS Headquarters Overlooking the sea, Wheal Kitty Workshops, St Agnes, Cornwall
Probationary Period: 3 months Benefits: An additional 1-day holiday per year accrued after each full year of service, up to 3 years. Flexitime policy. Incredible ocean location.
Reports to: Head of Mass Giving
Surfers Against Sewage is a national marine conservation and campaigning charity that inspires, unites and empowers communities to take action to protect oceans, beaches, waves and wildlife. Our mission is simple: to Create Ocean Activists everywhere. We’re dedicated to protecting the ocean and we won’t stop until it’s completely clean, safe and protected for everyone, forever. From our headquarters in St Agnes, Cornwall, we protect beaches, monitor water quality, organise beach cleans, run educational talks, lobby government and industry, report pollution and campaign for the conservation and protection of our ocean.
Our vision is simple… Thriving ocean, thriving people. This simple phrase captures everything that matters to us, not just in SAS, but humankind. It’s a mantra, a motto, a rallying cry to drive us on, with a huge collective goal to help tilt our delicate planet back on its axis. This sounds huge, but when you love what you do, and work as one, that future draws ever nearer. We value: Openness, Dynamism, Authenticity and Creativity
Who we are looking for:
Do you have strong administrative skills and customer service experience, with a genuine enthusiasm for building relationships with people? We’re looking for an experienced and organised administrator to join our growing Fundraising Team to support our vital work to raise funds to save the ocean. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our skilled team and gain invaluable experience supporting a broad range of Fundraising streams, from mass marketing to community, business and institutional funding. The Fundraising Administrator will be responsible for delivering excellent supporter care, providing high quality responses to enquiries and for the accurate recording of supporter and donation data on our charity database. The role will ultimately support and facilitate relationships with our donors and fundraisers and contribute to the growth of income. Not only will the role provide administrative support to the Fundraising Team, but will also communicate with donors and provide support to individuals undertaking sponsored fundraising activities.
What you’ll be doing
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Delivering excellent supporter care by providing high quality, timely responses to all donor, member and fundraiser enquiries and maintaining accurate records of communications
• Responding to all enquiries from the public about fundraising activities in a friendly, personable and timely manner
• Working closely with the Database Officer on processing donations, direct debit administration and Gift Aid claims on a rolling basis
• Supporting the Database Officer with general data maintenance, data entry and administration
• Administering member cancellations, communication opt-outs and complaints
• Maintaining contact details on donor records to ensure they’re accurate and up to date
• Helping with the preparation of donor data for large scale communications, financial processes and importing to database, ensuring high quality and accurate data
• Working closely with the Community Fundraising Officer, implement community fundraising stewardship processes, build relationships with fundraisers and support them to maximise their fundraising
• Sending out fundraising t-shirts and resources and welcome emails for new fundraisers
• Maintaining project management tools to schedule and coordinate fundraiser relationship management and stewardship
• Interacting with fundraisers on social media platforms
• Managing stock levels of Mass Giving communications materials in collaboration with Individual Giving Officer
• Assembling, packing and posting out member Welcome Packs and thanking communications on a weekly basis
• Receiving and processing incoming postal donations and carrying out associated administration
• Supporting the Operations Officer with answering the main office phone line and either dealing with or delegating enquiries to the appropriate member of the team
• Supporting with Corporate Partnerships administration and communications
• Providing general support for the Fundraising Team as required
• Staying up to date with SAS latest campaigns, projects and fundraising tactics to be able to speak knowledgably about all aspects of our work with supporters.
• Carrying out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by your line manager or any other member of the SAS team
What you’ll be able to demonstrate
We’re looking for a proactive, organised individual with an eye for detail, customer care/service and administrative experience in a team setting. You will have an aptitude for customer service with outstanding communication skills and a genuine enthusiasm for helping people. You will also need to have strong IT and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise a varied workload. Above all, you’ll be a team player, with a passion for providing high quality supporter care and the desire to work in a high performing team.
• Fully IT literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Excel and Word
• Ability to perform administrative and process-based tasks with a high degree of accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills with a friendly and warm telephone manner and ability to build rapport quickly
• Experience of communicating with customers or supporters on the phone and in writing
• Highly organised, with good planning and prioritisation skills
• Ability to work in a team towards multiple deadlines
• Ability to take initiative to solve problems
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong numeracy skills
• Ability to use Excel data manipulation and formatting functions
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to team needs
• Inspired by SAS’s mission and vision
• Full, clean UK driving licence
• Experience of using a customer or charity database (CRM)
• Administrative experience in a charity setting
• Experience of using Project Management software
• Knowledge of Direct Debits and Gift Aid – but training will be provided
• Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and GDPR – but training will be provided
How to apply: To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you want the role, how your skills and experience meet the requirements and what you can bring to the team.
Closing date: Midnight, Mon 31st January 2022
Interview date: Interviews expected to be held during the second week of February Surfers Against Sewage values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.