Do you love managing detail and ensuring everything works just right? Do you have experience providing high-quality admin support, or supporter, or customer care? Do you want to work for an organization that helps make the world better? We’re offering a rewarding opportunity for a highly effective administrator to play a key role within Survival’s Supporter Services department.
This is an interesting role where you will be in the front line talking to our valued supporters, handling day-to-day processes and procedures, working on our supporter database as well as handling reception and general inquiries.
The role encompasses a wide variety of tasks, subject to change as the organization evolves and grows. The following list is not exhaustive but please note that this role undertakes a high level of repetitive administrative procedures and thus you are unlikely to be fulfilled if you do not enjoy administration.
Supporter care & administration
- Be the first point of call for general supporters, donors and potential donors, and respond to enquiries to Survival’s [email protected] account
- Carry out reception duties including managing incoming and outgoing post and deliveries, answering phone calls and welcoming visitors
- Accurately and efficiently update supporter records as needed
- Accurately load and process Direct Debits and standing orders into Survival’s database
- Ensure our webpage and database are accurately capturing online donations
- Accurately enter offline donations into Survival’s database
- Send thank-you letters for donations
- Assist in processing Gift Aid claim submissions
- Adhere to HMRC auditing requirements, and GDPR policies and regulations, as explained by the department head
- Report donation and database issues and work with IT and our Salesforce team to find solutions
- Work closely with staff in Survival’s overseas offices by sharing ideas and support with regards to our administrative systems
- Assist the Finance officer with finance activities when needed
- Provide support to the Fundraising and outreach coordinator for fundraising and outreach activities
- Assist the Supporter services director with facilities management and trading activities when needed
- General duties such as photocopying, scanning, filing, moving boxes, setting up meeting rooms etc.
Experience and skills
- Strong administrative skills, takes enjoyment from this type of work and has a positive attitude
- Must have excellent telephone manner, be patient, enthusiastic and personable
- Demonstrated ability to manage a heavy and ever-changing workload
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- Excellent personal skills – trustworthy and a good relationship builder
- Must work well with numbers and have good spoken and written English
- Computer literate, including CRM management
- A desire to serve the cause of Indigenous peoples’ rights
- Commitment to Survival International's vision, mission, and values
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK
While we have a preference for candidates with the below skills and experience, we are willing to consider supporting an excellent candidate in developing their skills to reach these levels.
- Experience of providing excellent administrative and/or customer support in a supporter/customer-focused environment
- Prior experience of using Salesforce would be a huge benefit
- Experience in the charity / non-profit sector
- Knowledge of any of Survival’s other working languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Hindi, Oriya) would be an advantage
What can we offer you?
When you join Survival International, you’re getting more than just a career: you’re gaining a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting campaigning organizations around. It is not just a job. You will be working with an international team of passionate people who really care about human rights and want to change the status quo.
Being part of such a small (but growing!) team offers the opportunity for real variety in your day-to-day work and the development of your role.
We have generous annual leave (25 days plus bank holidays) and a cycle to work scheme.
Salary range: £26,000 per annum
Hours of work: This is a full-time position (Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm) for 6 months with the possibility of a permanent contract
Location: London head office, with remote working*
Closing date for applications: The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled
To apply: Please complete the application form and send together with your CV and a covering letter
*At present our staff are mostly working remotely because of Covid precautions; we are assessing this on an ongoing basis.
Survival is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and actively welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We will not discriminate on the basis of any aspect of your identity.
Please complete the application form and send it alongside your CV and covering letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.