Post: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £31,000 to £35,000 DOE
Contract: Circa 30 hours (negotiable)
Established in York in 1990 as a self-help organisation for women survivors of child sexual abuse, we were registered as a charity and a company limited by guarantee in 1998. We have grown in size and scope, particularly over the last 3 years, and now offer a specialist counselling service, telephone helpline and information service, support/self-help groups and 1:1 support meetings to female and male adult survivors of rape, sexual assault and child sexual abuse. Our team currently consists of 17 part-time staff and 8 volunteers and we see around 400 clients a year.
The Board of Trustees is seeking to appoint a new CEO who will be responsible for agreeing the strategic direction of the charity with them and then implementing the management and administration of the organisation within that framework.
You will need to demonstrate strong experience and ability in:
- leading and managing an organisation
- building strong networks and developing opportunities
- operating budgets and management accounts
- successful fundraising
- developing and implementing new successful initiatives
Ideally you will also have:
- a sound understanding of the charitable and voluntary sector including legal requirements and governance
- familiarity of charity policies and procedures to ensure good practice
- working closely with a Board and delivering reports
You will have excellent communication skills and the confidence and ability to lead, inspire and motivate. Above all, you will embrace the ethos of the charity and the people that it supports.
How to apply:
Please complete the application form and submit it to the email provided by the closing date of 15 December 2019. Enquiries may be made to the same email address.
A DBS Disclosure will be required for this role.
Chief Executive Officer Job Description & Person Specification
Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
Disclosure of Criminal Convictions form