£ 28,499 per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
37.5 hours per week – happy to talk flexible working
Base: Hybrid, within a commutable distance of the Bristol Hub
About the role
As a Finance Officer, you will report to the Head of Finance Operations. A crucial member of the finance team, you will be providing a core accounting service for Sustrans central departments and its sister charity, Railway Paths Ltd (RPL).
You will perform specific tasks within the monthly reporting cycle, ensuring that central overheads and fundraising income are recorded accurately, and produce monthly management accounts reviewing variances to budget. You will build effective working relationships with budget holders, supporting them on financial matters and answering finance-related queries.
Working closely alongside and providing cover for the other Finance Officer, you will be responsible for processing the payroll in close collaboration with HR colleagues.
Candidates will be based within a commutable distance of the Bristol Hub as initial training will be delivered at the office, thereafter the option of hybrid working will be available.
You should have experience of managing Finance processes, working to tight deadlines in an organised and methodical way, preparing detailed reconciliations and resolving outstanding balances.
You will have a keen eye for detail and work with the highest degree of accuracy. You should have experience of preparing records and accounts for audit.
You will be part-qualified in an accountancy qualification (eg AAT, CIMA, ACCA). In addition, you should have some knowledge of VAT and payroll processes and regulations with an ability to learn charity-specific rules.
We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
Sustrans has a long-term commitment to being a charity for everyone - reducing inequality, valuing diversity, enabling inclusion and ensuring all people are treated with dignity & respect.
What we offer
In return we can offer ongoing working from home (or a nearby Sustrans office when it’s safe to do so) and a truly flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
- 26 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff volunteer days
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
- Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans
- Discount benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 20 July 2022.
- Interviews will take place at our Bristol Hub week commencing 25 July 2022.
- To apply, please upload a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and an up-to-date CV.
Sustrans is the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. We connect people and places, create liveable neighbourhoods, transform the school run and deliver a happier, healthier commute.
Our vision and mission have never been more relevant. Across the UK, governments are pledging investment and action on walking and cycling.
We are working together to make a real difference - creating places where everyone can live and travel happily and healthily, and where nobody is excluded.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our colleagues.
We are proud of our employee net promoter score, being in the top 20% of all employers across all sectors in the UK, due to our energised, friendly and motivated workforce.
Join Sustrans today and help us get things done, together!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.