Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Scotland
£31,683 per annum
Up to 37.5 hours per week
Our vision and mission have never been more relevant.
Across the UK, governments are pledging investment and action on walking and cycling.
We are working together to make a real difference - creating places where everyone can live and travel happily and healthily, and where nobody is excluded.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our colleagues.
We are proud of our employee net promoter score, being in the top 20% of all employers across all sectors in the UK, due to our energised, friendly and motivated workforce.
Join Sustrans today and help us get things done, together
About the Role
We are now looking for someone who is experienced in policy and advocacy to join our team and make a difference as our Policy and Public Affairs Manager.
You’ll be responsible for delivering our policy and public affairs plan whilst also providing specialist advice on policy areas relevant to our work in Scotland.
We are looking for someone with professional experience of developing and implementing policy and public affairs strategies and delivery plans.
You will be someone with good leadership skills who can plan, coordinate and organise effective work plans.
You’ll also have a good understanding of the policy and influencing context within which Sustrans works in Scotland, including the Scottish Parliament and Committee system.
So, if this sounds like you, apply today and help us create healthier places and happier lives for everyone.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented. This includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.
What we offer?
- 26 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff volunteer days
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
- Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans
- Discount benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 5pm on Monday 20 September 2021. Interviews will take place via MS Teams on Tuesday 28 September 2021.