Project Officer, Workplace Engagement
£24,938 per annum
37.5 hours per week – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Based in Lerwick and Home Working
Our vision and mission have never been more relevant.
Across the UK, governments are pledging investment and action on walking and cycling.
We are working together to make a real difference - creating places where everyone can live and travel happily and healthily, and where nobody is excluded.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our colleagues.
We are proud of our employee net promoter score, being in the top 20% of all employers across all sectors in the UK, due to our energised, friendly and motivated workforce.
Join Sustrans today and help us get things done, together
About the Role
We now have an exciting opportunity to join our team in Scotland as a Project Officer.
Working alongside NHS Shetland, you will engage NHS Shetland staff through a diverse range of activities, all designed to increase the number of active / sustainable travel journeys for commuting and business travel.
With experience of sustainable behaviour change or employee engagement in a workplace setting, you will use your written and verbal communication and presentation skills to engage with communities and inspire change.
So, if you’re passionate about the promotion of Sustainable Transport, this could be the role for you!
Apply today and help us make a difference!
What we offer?
- 26 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff volunteer days
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
- Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans
- Discount benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 9am on Wednesday 27 October 2021. Interviews will take place via MS Teams on Thursday 11 November 2021.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, particularly where we are under-represented. Currently, this includes people who identify as having a disability, and those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups.