System Tester & Documenter (Scotland)
£22,389 per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
Up to 37.5 hours per week – happy to talk flexible working and compressed hours
Base: Edinburgh with the flexibility to work from home on occasion
About the role
As the new System Tester and Documenter, you will be the lead in user acceptance testing (UAT) new functionality on the Sustrans Portal system, and in creating automated testing scripts.
You will filter user support requests and either allocate technical request to the relevant programmer, or respond directly on assistance requests via phone and email by providing instructions on how to complete tasks on the Portal.
This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans. Candidates should be based within Scotland with regular travel expected to the Edinburgh Office.
You will have created easily understandable user documentation, ideally including video aids.
You will be able to communicate clearly and effectively, enabling those with less IT knowledge to use all documentation with ease.
We aim to be a truly inclusive employer and welcome applications from people from all parts of the community, in particular from under-represented groups.
Sustrans is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion.
What we offer
In return we can offer ongoing working from home (or a nearby Sustrans office when it’s safe to do so) and a truly flexible, supportive and rewarding working environment.
- 26 days’ leave per annum plus bank holidays for full-time working
- Ability to buy an extra week of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Staff volunteer days
- 24/7 free, impartial and confidential support service
- We are members of the Green Commute Initiative and Cycle Scheme who both offer cycle to work schemes
- Group Personal Pension scheme with a 4% or 5% of basic salary contribution being matched by Sustrans
- Bike, computer and season ticket loans
- Discount benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Flexible Working practices (full time hours are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday)
- Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23:59, 2nd February.
- Interviews will take place via MS Teams during the week of 14th February
To apply, please complete our online application form.
Sustrans is the charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle. We connect people and places, create liveable neighbourhoods, transform the school run and deliver a happier, healthier commute.
Our vision and mission have never been more relevant. Across the UK, governments are pledging investment and action on walking and cycling.
We are working together to make a real difference - creating places where everyone can live and travel happily and healthily, and where nobody is excluded.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without the commitment and dedication of our colleagues.
We are proud of our employee net promoter score, being in the top 20% of all employers across all sectors in the UK, due to our energised, friendly and motivated workforce.
Join Sustrans today and help us get things done, together!