Background to the role
Suzy Lamplugh Trust is the UK’s pioneering personal safety charity and leading stalking authority, established in 1986 following the disappearance of 25-year-old Suzy Lamplugh whilst at work. We work towards creating a society in which people are safer - and feel safer - from the prevalence of stalking, harassment, aggression and violence, achieved through supporting people; education; and campaigning.
We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic leader who will lead a range of operational services ensuring we continue to be the leading stalking and personal safety authority in the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong operational experience, to develop the strategic direction of a national service, working alongside the senior leadership team to embed a strong vision for the future of the service.
Our operational services include the national stalking helpline advice and advocacy service which offers support and advice to thousands of victims of stalking every year. Caseworkers advocate on victims’ behalf with police, social services and other statutory or victim support agencies. We also run London Stalking Support, a specific service to provide advice and advocacy for victims in London, including the development of a trauma-led approach to advocacy. We are also a key partner in the London Stalking Threat Assessment Centre, a proof-of-concept intervention programme for stalking perpetrators, in an interdisciplinary setting involving partners from the health and criminal justice services. We have responsibility for both project management and advocacy.
This role is normally based at our office in London. However, please note that in line with government advice, the role will initially be working remotely. Once restrictions allow, we would expect this role to be worked flexibly, with a mix of remote and office-based working. Regular travel to other locations across London, including the Stalking Threat Assessment Centre, will be required. Travel to other locations in the UK may also be required occasionally.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and particularly welcome applications from candidates with lived experience of the issues the Trust tackles.
Overall purpose of role
- To ensure robust delivery and strategic development of operational services across the Trust, with specific focus on the National Stalking Helpline, advocacy service, Stalking Threat Assessment Centre, and London Stalking Support Service.
- To ensure the safe and effective delivery and development of the Trust’s provision for victims of stalking.
- To represent the Trust externally as a leading authority in stalking and personal safety
- To be a key part of the Trust’s leadership team delivering the vision of the Trust, deputising for the Chief Executive as required.
- To promote the work of Suzy Lamplugh Trust including the National Stalking Helpline and advocacy services, strengthening our voice as an authority on stalking and personal safety - both at work and in everyday life.
Fixed Term Contract to 31 March 2023
Salary: £43,000 to £46,000 pro-rata (£34,400 to £36,800 for 28 hours per week), depending on experience
Please refer to attached Job Description and Person Specification for more details. To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter, addressing the shortlisting criteria. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.