Background: Suzy Lamplugh Trust is the UK’s pioneering personal safety charity and leading stalking authority, established in 1986 following the disappearance of 25-year-old Suzy Lamplugh whilst at work. We work towards creating a society in which people are safer - and feel safer - from the prevalence of stalking, harassment, aggression and violence, achieved through Supporting people; Education; and Campaigning. Our stalking helpline advice and advocacy service offers support and advice to thousands of victims of stalking every year. Caseworkers advocate on victims’ behalf with police, social services and other statutory or victim support agencies.
Overall purpose of role:
The overall purpose of the role is to provide expert advice and advocacy to victims of stalking.
- To give guidance and information by telephone, email and face to face to those affected by stalking.
- To provide casework support and advocacy to victims of stalking, liaising with both voluntary and statutory services to ensure positive outcomes for victims.
- To provide line management to helpline sessional staff
- To provide support and guidance to stalking advocates and volunteers where necessary.
- To support the Stalking Support Team Leader and Helpline Manager where required.
Fixed Term Contract for 6 months
Closing Date: We will be reviewing applications as they come in. We will close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified.
Please refer to attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the shortlisting criteria. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.