Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This is a sessional role with no fixed hours. The usual helpline hours are 09:30-16:00 on weekdays.
Purpose of Job: To give guidance and information, by telephone and email, to those affected by stalking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To respond as quickly and efficiently as possible to requests for help, which may be received via email or telephone, giving appropriate guidance to victims of stalking
2. To deliver robust risk assessment and safety planning for clients, along with advice and information regarding stalking legislation
3. With the consent of service users, liaise with the police and other appropriate agencies to help the caller achieve a positive outcome in their case
4. To identify and maintain appropriate boundaries for all enquiries and recognise when and where to signpost enquirers for further help/information as appropriate
5. To keep professional and accurate records for each client
6. To ensure safeguarding issues are addressed robustly and swiftly in line with Trust policies
7. To proactively continue to develop appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills through regular reading of information and attending training courses
8. To assist volunteers with complex helpline enquiries
9. To work at all times within the policies and procedures of Suzy Lamplugh Trust
Sessional Helpline Advisor
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Experience of working with people experiencing stalking or domestic abuse
· Experience in delivering a telephone helpline or advice service
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Excellent listening skills
· A thorough understanding of risk assessment and safety planning in stalking or domestic abuse
· Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and experience using databases
· Ability to understand and interpret legislation in order to guide clients
· Ability to recognise and act upon safeguarding concerns
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a non-judgmental manner
· Ability to reflect on and develop own professional practice
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to interact and network with stakeholders
· Able to manage and prioritise workload
· Calm and confident
· Good attention to detail
· Proactive self-starter with a desire to develop all areas of the role
· Empathy with issues relating to personal safety and stalking and harassment
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries
· Willing to work within the policies and procedures of Suzy Lamplugh Trust
· Commitment to the work of Suzy Lamplugh Trust
Applications are invited by CV and covering letter by 5pm 31st May