Suzy Lamplugh Trust is the UK’s pioneering personal safety charity and leading stalking authority, established in 1986 following the disappearance of 25-year-old Suzy Lamplugh whilst at work. We work towards creating a society in which people are safer - and feel safer - from the prevalence of stalking, harassment, aggression and violence, achieved through Supporting people; Education; and Campaigning. Our stalking helpline advice and advocacy service offers support and advice to thousands of victims of stalking every year, across the UK.
Purpose of Job:
To provide guidance and information, by telephone and email, to those affected by stalking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To respond as quickly and efficiently as possible to requests for help, which may be received via email or telephone, giving appropriate guidance to victims of stalking
To deliver robust risk assessment and safety planning for clients, along with advice and information regarding stalking legislation
- With the consent of service users, liaise with the police and other appropriate agencies to help the caller achieve a positive outcome in their case
- To identify and maintain appropriate boundaries for all enquiries and recognise when and where to signpost enquirers for further help/information as appropriate
- To keep professional and accurate records for each client
- To ensure safeguarding issues are addressed robustly and swiftly in line with Trust policies
- To proactively continue to develop appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills through regular reading of information and attending training courses
To assist volunteers with complex helpline enquiries
To work at all times within the policies and procedures of Suzy Lamplugh Trust
Please express your interest in and suitability for this position by sending in your CV and a supporting letter. Applications without a supporting letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.