S V 2 is looking for a Children’s Therapist.
S V 2 is a Charity working in partnership with Derbyshire Constabulary, NHS England and Derbyshire County Council to provide support for victims of rape and serious sexual assault at Millfield House, a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) based in the middle of the County.
Due to successfully securing a further three years of funding from Children In Need for our children’s therapy service, we are looking for a highly motivated Children’s Therapist to work therapeutically with children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse or rape at any point.
This role will be working therapeutically with children across Derbyshire, who have experienced sexual abuse or rape at any point in their lives, aged 0-13 (26 session contract).
This is a part time position working 22.5 hours over 3 days per week with flexible hours. A salary of £19,139.82 (£31,899.70 full time equivalent) and 27 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays pro rata.
To apply for this post, you will need:
- Postgraduate Counselling/Psychotherapy qualification
- 3 years post qualifying counselling practice, supervised by a qualified supervisor
- Experience of working with children and young people/families aged 13 and under
- Extensive knowledge & awareness of rape, sexual abuse, rape trauma syndrome and their effects within the therapeutic setting
- Ability to work within confidentiality boundaries
- Driving licence and access to a car with business insurance
Applicants should register their interest by clicking the ‘apply on line’ button and attaching their CV. We will then contact you and provide you with an Application Pack.
Closing date for completed applications is 5th August 2019. If application is successful, interviews will be held on 16th August 2019.