S V 2 is looking for a Children’s Therapist.
S V 2 is a Charity working in partnership with Derbyshire Constabulary, NHS England and Derbyshire County Council to provide support for victims of rape and serious sexual assault at Millfield House, a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) based in the middle of the County.
This role will be working therapeutically with children across Derbyshire, who have experienced sexual abuse or rape at any point in their lives, aged 0-13 and will also offer support to parent/carers.
This is a part time position working 22.5 hours over 3 days per week, Monday to Wednesday, with flexible hours. A salary of £19,717 (£32,863 full time equivalent) and 27 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays pro rata.
To apply for this post, you will need:
- A recognised qualification in counselling or psychotherapy to at least Diploma Level 4
- 450 hours post qualifying counselling practice
- A minimum of two years’ experience working specifically with this client group
- Able to foster strong therapeutic alliances, including with parents of children
- Extensive knowledge & awareness of rape, sexual abuse, rape trauma syndrome and their effects within the therapeutic setting
- Good communication skills, oral and written including an ability to write reports
- Full, valid Driving licence with access to a car which will need to be insured for business use
It will be necessary for you to apply for a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and be subject to Police Vetting as a requirement for this position.
Applicants should register their interest by clicking the ‘apply on line’ button and attaching their CV. We will then contact you and provide you with an Application Pack.
If applicants are successful, interviews will be held on 28th May 2021.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us a week after the closing date, your application has not been successful.