Role: Single Point of Access Officer (Initial Triage and Assessment)
Salary: £16,269 per annum (Temporary maternity cover until July/August 2022)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Single Point of Access Officer to be a part of our developing team at a dynamic and professional charity.
The purpose of this role is to undertake initial assessments to identify the individual client’s risk and needs at the point of entry to the Organisation and determine allocation to the right internal support service and/or referral or signposting to other external providers.
This is a new role and will form part of the Organisations ‘one stop shop’ support for victims of sexual assault and abuse with the postholder often being the first point of contact for new clients.
The position is 22.5 Hours, Wednesday to Friday. With a competitive salary of £16,269 per annum (£27,115 FTE) and a company pension scheme. The role is based at our office in Alfreton with flexibility to work from home, you may also be required to work from our Derby office on occasion. The Organisation offers an enhanced annual leave scheme and ongoing skills development and training.
If you would like to discuss the role and what it involves further, please contact us and this can be arranged.
The Organisation is a Charity supporting victims of sexual violence across Derbyshire. The aims of the Charity are; to reduce the impact of rape and sexual abuse on victims (male and female, adults and children) and their families; to encourage reporting of rape and sexual abuse; to support victims through the legal process and; to reduce the incidence of rape and sexual abuse by raising awareness.
We are now looking for a Single Point of Access Officer to join our team.
Single Point of Access Officer Main Duties:
- Provide a telephone or online assessment service within a specified timescale, the aim to offer appropriate support in the right place, at the right time
- Make an assessment of mental health needs and determine the most appropriate support required to manage mental issues at that time
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and risks as well as strengths, assets and wishes and provide appropriate advice, information and support
- Determine allocation of new clients to specific service areas within the Organisation
- Make referrals and/or signpost clients to other appropriate external agencies
- Update the Organisations case management system following assessment and any other contacts
- Liaise with other agencies, as required
- Provide information and reports for managers, as required
- Sensitive and intuitive approach helping to empower and support service user independence
- Knowledge of the local available provision for mental health support and ability to set up new pathways as need is identified
- Raise awareness of services in line with the Organisations Communications Strategy
Single Point of Access Officer Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- At least one years’ experience of working directly with individuals with complex needs, including mental health
- Evidence of practice-based training in a relevant field such as mental health, complex needs, etc
- Experience of undertaking assessments or developing support plans for individuals
- Working knowledge of safeguarding in relation to children and vulnerable adults
- Able to build relationships with partners agencies and other professionals
- Able to communicate in a concise and professional manner with a range of staff at various levels, both internal and external to the organisation
- Should be competent in the use of IT i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, etc
- Driving licence and access to a car with business insurance
It will be necessary for you to apply for a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure and be subject to Police Vetting as a requirement for this position.
Applicants should register their interest by clicking the ‘apply on line’ button and attaching their CV. We will then contact you and provide you with an Application Pack.
Closing date for completed applications is 24th October 2021. If application is successful, interviews will be held on 4th November 2021.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us 14 days after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.