Role: Subcontracted Therapists
Salary: £30 per attended session
An opportunity has arisen for Subcontracted Therapists to work with a dynamic and professional charity. Due to recent demand in services, we are looking for Sub-contracted Therapists to cover the Derbyshire area.
The fee per attended session is £30, you will be paid £15 for DNA and cancellations within 24 hours, you will also be paid a £30 per month admin retainer.
Applicants will need their own premises or therapy room, up-to-date insurance, a work laptop/device which is in line with safeguarding requirements, and an approved antivirus software.
The purpose of this role is:
- To work therapeutically, with either or both young people aged 0 – 17 year old and adults 18+ across Derbyshire, who have experienced sexual abuse or rape at any point
- To deliver therapeutic support either face to face and/or remotely
- To work within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the agency’s policies and procedures
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide face to face and/or remote counselling to young people and/or adults
- To work with approximately 4 clients
- To provide clinical assessments and ongoing sessions
- Tailor support package, as far as possible for each individual client
- To participate and collaborate with Independent Sexual Violence Advisor and/or Children’s Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA’s/ChISVA) and other team members to provide specialist clinical services as required
- To monitor clinical progress through regular reviews and the use of outcome measures set out by the organisation
- Maintain confidentiality in line with SV2’s information governance policies.
- To support and liaise closely with practitioners and professionals in SV2 and other external organisations
- Adhere to the BACP Code of Ethics adopted by SV2
- To attend external supervision in line with BACP requirements
- Opportunity to co-facilitate online or face to face support groups
- Opportunity to offer holistic therapies and mindfulness/meditation sessions
The Organisation is a Charity supporting victims of sexual violence across Derbyshire. The aims of the Charity are; to reduce the impact of rape and sexual abuse on victims (male and female, adults and children) and their families; to encourage reporting of rape and sexual abuse; to support victims through the legal process and; to reduce the incidence of rape and sexual abuse by raising awareness.
To apply for this post you will need:
- A recognised qualification in counselling or psychotherapy to at least diploma level 4.
- Safeguarding training.
- At least 450 hours post qualifying counselling practice, supervised by a qualified supervisor.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working specifically with this client group.
- Extensive knowledge & awareness of rape, sexual abuse, rape trauma syndrome and their effects within the therapeutic setting.
- Registration with BACP or similar.
- Good communication skills, written and oral including an ability to write reports
- Good IT skills. Experience of working with: email (outlook or gmail), word, excel, databases
- Driving licence and access to a car with business insurance as may be required to travel around the county.
- The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants should register their interest by clicking the ‘apply on line’ button and attaching their CV. We will then contact you and provide you with an Application Pack.
Closing date for completed applications is 29th March 2021. If application is successful, interviews will be held on 15th April 2021.
While we would like to contact all our candidates, unfortunately, this is not possible so if you haven’t heard from us 14 days after the closing date, your application has not been successful.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.