Deputy Home Manager
Welcome to SW Education & Care! We believe in empowering every child to thrive. We are expanding and seeking an experienced colleague to join our team as a Deputy Manager in our home near Instow, Bideford, North Devon.
For a rewarding opportunity, offering an excellent salary of up to £39,000 as well as a host of benefits including bonuses and additional holidays, look no further…
Deputy Home Manager – Children’s Homes
· Full time (2 x 24-hour shifts followed by 4 days off on a rota basis)
· Permanent position
· £32,000 - £39,000 per annum
· Full UK driving licence and own transport required
Please Note: Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK
SW Education & Care is a leading care and education company based in North and Mid Devon. Our dedicated team is committed to providing children and young people with the opportunity to succeed and grow in a supportive environment. We are also hiring for a more senior position. If you have a wealth of experience, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role:
As a Deputy Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting our manager, ensuring the well-being and development of children and young people in our care. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing staff teams and budgets
- Providing a stable, caring, and therapeutic environment
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Collaborating with stakeholders and professionals
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and standards
The Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a compassionate individual with senior RCW experience in SEMHD and challenging behaviours. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in challenging behaviour settings
- Experience with SEMHD and safeguarding
- Full UK driving licence and own transport required
- Strong risk assessment and identification skills
- Excellent knowledge of Children’s Homes regulations
- Level 3 qualification and relevant certifications
- Outstanding communication and leadership abilities
- Dynamic, reflective, and trustworthy personality
- Competitive salary
- Additional holiday days with sleep-in included
- Performance bonus
- Excellent training & support
- An ethos of collaboration and mutual encouragement
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
How to apply for the role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
We take the safety of our children seriously and follow stringent safer recruitment checks, the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will require a full enhanced DBS and references.
You must be authorised to work in the UK. No agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience include Home Manager, Deputy Home Manager, Deputy Manager, Care Manager, Care Home Manager, Registered Manager, Child Care Assistant, Youth Support Worker, Residential Support Worker, Child Care Worker, Residential Care Worker.