What are we looking for?
- We are looking for those who have a genuine interest in, and enthusiasm for residential care for the elderly and want to work as part of a team
- Experience at manager or director level in the care sector would be helpful, but by no means essential
Some knowledge of the Religious Society of Friends and it's ethos would be helpful and we are looking for Trustees from a diverse range of backgrounds.
The trustee will share responsibility with the rest of the board for the governance of the organisation
The trustee's role is to be the ‘guardians of purpose’, making sure that all decisions put the needs of the residents first.
As a trustee you will help to ensure that:
- the Home has a clear strategy, and that its ethos and goals are in line with its Quaker values
- physical assets are safeguarded – including property
- non-physical assets are safeguarded – in particular its reputation
- the Home is sustainable and carries an appropriate level of reserves
- senior managers are advised, supported and challenged to help to ensure that the home is managed effectively and efficiently
- staff are managed fairly and considerately, and that HR policies and practices support such an approach
- the Home provides a safe environment for its residents and adheres fully to all safeguarding requirements
- the Home operates within statutory, regulatory and inspection frameworks
- the annual budget is overseen and reviewed
- income and expenditure is monitored.
Trustees are required to attend board meetings once every two months, at Jordans Meeting House in Buckinghamshire, and to visit the home on a reasonably regular basis.
You will be appointed for an initial term of 3 years, and will be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term (maximum 6 years).You will be appointed for an initial term of 3 years and will be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term (maximum 6 years).
The position is unpaid, but reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.