Swindon Therapy Centre is seeking an exceptional individual for the newly created role of Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will bring a robust understanding of leading a service delivery organisation, a strategic approach and the ability to motivate, lead and inspire the Centre’s team through a period of growth and change.
This role offers a real opportunity to make a significant difference to the Centre’s future development, and to ability of local people living with MS and other neurological conditions to live their best life.
We are rightly proud of how we have grown from a small self-help group in 1981 to an established charity operating from recently expanded premises where we provide therapy, treatment, support, advice, and counselling. Yet we are only reaching a tiny fraction of those who would benefit from our services locally.
The new CEO will play a pivotal role in enabling us to widen our reach, including by using networking and partnership working skills to form strategic links with the primary healthcare sector and by taking an innovative approach to delivering services virtually. Your ability to establish robust measurements to demonstrate the value of our work will help to build compelling proposals to funders and commissioners, thereby building a sustainable platform for growth.
We are unashamedly ambitious and excited about the next phase of our development. To make these ambitions a reality will require a candidate with the right blend of vision, empathy and passion combined with the capability to identify and seize opportunities.
Inevitably, with growth comes change, both operationally and culturally. Success will depend on your ability to articulate an engaging vision and to inspire and lead the team with a shared sense of purpose where each individual feels enabled to perform to the best of their ability.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate substantial senior operational management experience, preferably at Chief Executive or General Manager level;
- Have a proven track record in developing and delivering effective, high impact strategic plans and translating these into operational goals/targets;
- Have previously worked in a service delivery area, preferably in the voluntary sector;
- Be a strong and inspirational leader and team player, with experience of successfully managing and communicating organisational change;
- Be experienced in people management processes and leading teams;
- Have knowledge of charitable governance and experience of working closely with Trustees or non-executive Boards;
- A good understanding of budgeting and financial controls;
- Have experience of developing and using management information to aid decision making;
- Have a proven track record of generating income through fundraising, grant applications and/or tendering.
Additional Requirements: To hold a full driving license and own transport, or other means of being able to travel independently.
Interested? To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter detailing what attracts you to the role and why you are a strong candidate. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interview date: Interviews to be held in Swindon (with social distancing measures) in early/mid October.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 5th October
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.