Sylva Foundation seeks a part-time Bookkeeper to work 2 days per week (0.4FTE) at its offices in Long Wittenham, Oxfordshire. The post involves day-to-day bookkeeping using SAGE 50 accounting software, monthly financial reporting and reconciliations. Applicants should be qualified to AAT Level 4 or above, and have experience working for a VAT-registered charity.
Apply online enclosing a letter, CV, and the names of two referees. Referees will be contacted only if you are selected for interview, and you will be informed prior to this.
Location: South Oxfordshire Salary: £27-29,000 FTE dependent on experience.
Closing date for applications is 15th September 2019. Ideally the chosen candidate will start as soon as possible.
- AAT qualified to Level 4 or above
- Experience of using SAGE 50 accounting software, or similar.
- Experience and knowledge of accounting in the charity sector.
- A firm working knowledge of the rules and regulations of Charity Commission/OSCR relating to fund accounting and preparation of SORP accounts.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for VAT-registered charities, including preparation and submission of quarterly returns.
- Ability to use Excel for financial reporting.
- Ability to work to regular deadlines.
- A willingness to investigate the use of new, cloud-based software, e.g. XERO.
- An interest in the environment and understanding of Sylva’s charitable aims and objectives.
About Sylva Foundation
Sylva Foundation is a registered charity active across Britain. We aim to help trees and woodlands thrive for people and for nature. We are based in south Oxfordshire at the Sylva Wood Centre, where we are transforming an old farm and its landscape to support business incubation and training in wood.
Some of the benefits of working with us . . .
- Small and friendly team
- Flexible working hours
- 25-days holiday (pro rata), plus bank holidays
- Generous pension contribution
- Training budget to support your professional development
- Social events throughout the year
- Opportunities to try your hand at other things (from planting trees to carving wood!)
- Work in a stunning rural location
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.