It is an exciting time to join the organisation. Synchronicity Earth is growing in number and size of donations received, having doubled income in 2019 and on track to increase income again by 25% in 2021. As such, we are investing in new Philanthropy capacity. The role of the Philanthropy Officer is to manage Synchronicity Earth’s donor base – focusing on income administration and donor stewardship. The role also supports the Philanthropy Manager in implementing the organisation’s fundraising strategy specifically in building a pipeline of prospects through research and analysis across all types of donors (foundations and trusts, corporate and individual donors).
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensuring that all donation data and other income paperwork and related communications are properly tracked and up-to-date in our database systems working closely with the Operations, Finance and Research teams.
- Managing all donor-related stewardship activity including the production and submission of informal and formal updates, reports and related donor service activity in collaboration with the Communications and Research teams.
- Carrying out research and analysis of new prospects to grow our new income pipeline and monitoring the conservation funding landscape and trends working closely with the Research team, Philanthropy Manager and Trustees.
- Supporting the Philanthropy Manager in developing the organisation’s philanthropy strategy, reporting to the Board and keeping tracks of the team’s performance.
Skills and experience required
- Passionate about developing your expertise in philanthropy fundraising;
- Task- and detail- orientated to ensure information is recorded accurately with experience or ability to use databases confidently;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing including developing compelling donor reports and proposals;
- Excellent collaborative and organisational skills to work on multiple projects across various teams;
- Experience of relationship-led fundraising with an understanding of donors motivation to give;
- Self-motivation and a positive and proactive aptitude for working for a small and dynamic organisation, and partly remotely.
Reporting, location and work hours
The position will report to the Philanthropy Manager (based in London, UK) within the Finance and Philanthropy Team. At the time of recruitment, Synchronicity Earth has a flexible working arrangement. We would expect this role to be based in the Synchronicity Earth offices in Central London a few days a week. This is under constant review and in line with advice and latest science and health information.
The successful candidate must be already eligible to work in the UK.
Salary: Salary range £24,000 - £27,000 (plus benefits) full-time equivalent (dependent on relevant skills and experience, those seeking a part-time role may be considered).
Timing: As soon as possible.
Closing date for applications: 19 December 2021
Application details: Applications should be addressed to Julie Langevin and should include a letter outlining why the applicant has the skills and experience necessary for the role as well as a full CV.
Interviews: Interviews will be held week 10th January 2022
Synchronicity Earth is an enterprising charity with an ambitious vision: An Earth in which all life is valued, celebrated and flourishing. We act to address overlooked and underfunded conservation challenges for globally threatened species and ecosystems primarily across six Conservation Programmes including: Amphibians, Asian Species, Congo Basin, Flourishing Diversity, Freshwater, and Ocean. We also fund projects across two other areas: the More Than Carbon Programme, a portfolio of climate and biodiversity projects targeted at corporate donors; and the Synchronicity Programme aimed at fostering systemic change towards better biodiversity conservation.
Our grant-making model is unique. We channel philanthropic donations from trusts and foundations, corporate foundations, corporates or individual donors through partners and grantees (identified by our in-house team of conservation experts who make up the ‘Research Team’), who are undertaking conservation work in those areas that most critically need support. The central core and operating costs of Synchronicity Earth are generously covered by the Synchronicity Foundation, which means that any donation we receive is disbursed out to the field without a management or administration fee taken. This enables the donor to have confidence that 100% of their funding is going out to the field and delivering impact.
Synchronicity Earth - Our workplace values and culture
We pride ourselves on having an open and inclusive culture within our workplace, from our dog friendly London office to the remote workplace. Our team supports each other and encourages new ideas and creativity to help us develop new projects and reach new audiences with our work. We aim to apply the same dedication to a flourishing diversity of people and wildlife on our planet through our work to our working environment and strive to make our working environment open and inclusive for everyone. You are also welcome to contact us if you have any accessibility requirements regarding the application process or the role itself.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.